1.    #1  
    I got a prepaid SIM from Vodafone here in Ireland for my holiday. It works well for making calls, and I was pleasantly suprised to see the GPRS is all setup from the SIM card, although I plan to be very frugal with GPRS due to the cost (2c/kb).

I am having trouble texting though. Does anyone know what the Vodafone SMS message center number is? I also don't seem to be able to enter text in the text field with either the SMS or the MMS application... They just beep and show no input.

Anyone have any clue about this?
  2.    #2  
    well, i have made progress on this. i downloaded updated versions of CarrierProfiles.pdb and NetworkProfiles.pdb from palmone, and now my typing works again. I am still having trouble sending though. I get 'An error occurred (77) when sending this message.' Anyone know what this means?
  3.    #3  
    final part of the puzzle solved. my sim card had an incorrect number in for the message center number. the sim card said '+0035387699989'. Looking at what was given for my brother-in-law's sim card, when it was inserted into the treo revealed that it should have been simply '+35387699989'. I'm happily texting away.
    I have the same problem in vodafone egypt, they do not have a clue how to setup MMS on their netweork for the treo although they setup the web quite easily