1.    #1  
    I am the Treo 600 support for 20 users here in the U.S. I have a user who is going to travel to Paris in September.

I have looked at some older posts regarding older Treos. I have seen posts that talk about both International roaming ($$$$) and prepaid SIM cards...

My user would not only need to make phone calls but would also need to access our corporate e-mail...which works on IMAP4 over GPRS here in U.S.

What is the best solution for my user? What is the best prepaid SIM card for her for Paris, France?
    KeNNethX - The gUy iS oUt tHeRe!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I believe that AT&T, T-Mobile and Cingular all have GSM and GPRS roaming in Paris. That's probably your best bet. If you get a local SIM, you're going to have to pay roaming back to the states anyway.
    Talldog
    I've used a Treo 600 with T-Mobile USA in France. It did roam fine for GSM calls, but in France, England, and Germany I didn't have any GPRS roaming. As far as I know none of the US networks have GPRS roaming outside the US. This was in January and it could have changed since then but I don't think so.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    GPRS with T-Mobile has worked for a few years in France. I've used it with my Treo 270 and now with my Treo 600. I was in France in June and used GPRS with no problem - except for the cost. Regular calls are "only" $.99/min, but data is $15/mb.
    Really? I was unaware of that. Have you tried it in any country other than France. Also is it dependent upon which carrier you are roaming on. I know I picked up at least two different ones while I was in southern France and three different carriers in London.

Quote Originally Posted by boardoe
    GPRS with T-Mobile has worked for a few years in France. I've used it with my Treo 270 and now with my Treo 600. I was in France in June and used GPRS with no problem - except for the cost. Regular calls are "only" $.99/min, but data is $15/mb.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Really? I was unaware of that. Have you tried it in any country other than France. Also is it dependent upon which carrier you are roaming on. I know I picked up at least two different ones while I was in southern France and three different carriers in London.
    Only other country I've used GPRS in is Italy, no problem. And it is carrier dependent. In France it works with SFR and Orange, but not Bouygues. Since the phone default setting is to automatically choose a network, it might not be on a compatible one when you try to use GPRS, so do it manually.
    Ah interesting. I think mine was picking up Bouygues most of the couple of days I was there so I didn't bother to try it on SFR. I'll remember that for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by boardoe
    Only other country I've used GPRS in is Italy, no problem. And it is carrier dependent. In France it works with SFR and Orange, but not Bouygues. Since the phone default setting is to automatically choose a network, it might not be on a compatible one when you try to use GPRS, so do it manually.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I know for a fact that, besides France, GPRS is available in U.K., Portugal (in cities), and Germany. I've had GSM BlackBerry users in those countries doing email (which requires GPRS).
    Talldog