Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought you might like to know that I've just had a replacement Treo from Orange UK.

My old Treo, my first one from Oct 03, had started to develope the Red X over the battery Icon problem. It's ironic that the new replacement battery now available in the USA would possibly solved this problem.

Anyway I rang up Orange and they replaced the Treo the next morning.

The new unit does not look like a refurbished unit.

It's Hardware B, against my old A version, and has had the Updated done before I got it.

The echo on handsfree, in your hand, has now gone.

Using JBBackup I just put my SD card in and bingo 30 seconds latter all my software and setting were back. The easiest replacement handset I've ever done.

Another happy Orange customer
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    thats about the only good thing orange do yes they can get the new phone to you quick but their cust support dont no anything happy to hear you had a good replacment tho
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I agree, I'm most disappointed with Orange..... Although a friend told me about O2 cust service- they sound even worse! And that was with a Nokia 6600.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I developed a buzz in the speaker, told orange in the morning and they had a replacement to me by the evening! I was impressed. Only bad thing is my serial number sticker on the back has come of already, only got it on Thursday.
    Animo et Fide
    My 4th Treo 600 has just gone faulty (same fault as my previous 3 - speaker broken). Called Orange. They say I've not got 'Orange Care' so warranty only. Ah, says I - what about the other 3 you replaced under Orange Care - Ah, says they - no record of them!!!

Anyway, they have agreed to let me take out Orange Care now, and get a replacement tomorrow. Couldn't be bothered to argue more.

Weird though.
    Well, they didn't turn up - I've been waiting in for my 4 hour 'window'.

I've now been in the queue to customer services for over an hour!

This is pathetic. Thinking of reducing my tariff to the lowest, closing my account and going back to Vodafone.
    Well, I got through to Customer Service after 1 hr 5 minutes in the queue (at a mobile rate cost). They didn't even apologise for the wait.

They said the carrier had tried to call but no answer. This of course, is total fabrication - probably went to the wrong address or something as the carrier notes stated my 'house' had a driiveway, where in-fact my flat has a car-park! They should know this by now as this is my 4th replacement.

They offered to try again tonight 6pm-10pm, refusing to give any other option - take it or leave it attitude.

We shall see. On a scale of 1-10 I give Orange -5 for customer care. We wouldn't stay in business 5 minutes with 'care' like this.
    well i thought orange were bad but AOL or my god 3 weeks with out my broadband connection and a string of lies and i still had to pay for it anyway just got my new modem speacial del
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Personally not had too bad an experience with Orange. Got me Treo 600 exactly on time today, though the activation did take 5 hours for some biazrre reason! Other than that, its all been good.

The shop was crap though. I went in and said "do you have a working Treo I could try out?" and they said "yeah sure"... so I stood at the fashionably high table in the middle of the shop, looking like some sort of an undersized yuppie... bout 10 minutes later she came out and said that the battery was dead and she couldnt find the charger. She was very appogogetic, I'll give you that

But I got my compensation later on when I stole some of their electricity when I asked them to charge my phone up (which they did! How charitable! )
    I've never had a problem with Orange, I went into the shop a few months ago to query a bill and the girl who served me pointed out I'd be better off on a different deal. She also gave me their new lower bundle tarrif on a GPRS so I ended up saving £5pm with an extra 4/5 mb too. Can't be bad. I had loads of problems with my previous carrier 02 though...don't get me started !!
    Well, I'm on Orange's o2 pricematch plan - I get the cheapness of o2 without the crapness of no signal in my area! Brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by page3
    Well, I got through to Customer Service after 1 hr 5 minutes in the queue (at a mobile rate cost).
    you can't call CS for free?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfish
    Well, I'm on Orange's o2 pricematch plan - I get the cheapness of o2 without the crapness of no signal in my area! Brilliant!
    I swapped to this last night too. £25.00 month for 100 cross network minutes inc. 100 "free" text messages. Orange also now offer new Orange World Access bundles so I changed from Orange World Access 3 (now discontinued; gave you 3MB, 10 texts, 20 photos and if you went over 3MB it cost a massive £3.00 per MB) to Orange World Access 4 (4MB and any over is only £1.00 per MB).
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I swapped to this last night too. £25.00 month for 100 cross network minutes inc. 100 "free" text messages. Orange also now offer new Orange World Access bundles so I changed from Orange World Access 3 (now discontinued; gave you 3MB, 10 texts, 20 photos and if you went over 3MB it cost a massive £3.00 per MB) to Orange World Access 4 (4MB and any over is only £1.00 per MB).
    do you know what this is c\lled can i do it on the internet site

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    You can change the World Access bundles on the net but you will need to dial CS on 150 (press option 6) to get the O2 Orange value promise tariff. Worth mentioning that any left over minutes are not rolled over with the O2 tariff.

thanks just done it

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    You can change the World Access bundles on the net but you will need to dial CS on 150 (press option 6) to get the O2 Orange value promise tariff. Worth mentioning that any left over minutes are not rolled over with the O2 tariff.
    Ah you say that but I check my minutes online and it tells me I've got 135 minutes.... and I've only just got onto the new tarrif. perhaps its not gone over yet?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    It's effective from your billing date. ie my bill date is 15th of every month so new tariff commences @ midnight on the 14th. You then lose any roll over minutes you may have from your original Orange tariff.

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Doh!!! My Treo's got the darn buzzing problem whilst on a call now (again). Phoned Orange @ 13:40 today; new unit should be with me tomorrow, 9:00 to 13:00. We'll see.... Lets see if they can redeem themselves!

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Orange did well! They delivered it only 40 minutes after the time- slot. It's a brand spanking new unit too, no scratches and no dust under the screen anymore!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast