Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the only problem with the fido pla ( I was on fido with an unlocked Treo, is coverage and connection, my connection was allways droping the data, and it was very hard to reconnect most of the time, I find with rogers expensive...but if its not working properly (fido) then you really are not saving any money.....my rogers GPRS allways connects and doesnt drop me.

just my 2 cents worth.....thanks
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    Also I feel that rogers will drop there data plan for the treo as they have done with the blackberry, especially once the software for the blackberry and treo joint effort comes out....there will be no reason for different pricing.....unlimited Data on the blackberry is only $50.00
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    Quote Originally Posted by ittherapy
    Also I feel that rogers will drop there data plan for the treo as they have done with the blackberry, especially once the software for the blackberry and treo joint effort comes out....there will be no reason for different pricing.....unlimited Data on the blackberry is only $50.00
    well it would only make sense - if angelic non-money grubbing people were in charge of Robers - i mean Rogers.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Small print on rogers's (barely working) website: http://www.shoprogers.com/business/w...ce&cat=2&typ=2

* Rogers reseves the right to limit usage to 100MB per month.

That's for their "Unlimited" Plan. Yah the prices are ridiculous. Can we sign on for 3 months and cancel after that?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    I agree...Rogers pricing is out to lunch...Not just data, but voice, long-distance and ROAMING.

I am one of the few who had an incredibly positive experience with Fido. I roam a lot in the US for work and always had fantastic coverage with T Mobile. The long distance rates were about 20 cents a minute (on Rogers I pay 80 cents). On fido I got 5 MB of data per month for what Roger's charges for 3 MB.

I have had absolutely horrid experiences with Rogers customer service on several occasions. So bad I am considering writing a letter to the President.

The only reason I am on Rogers is they are the sole provider of the Treo 600. If they were not, I would be looking elsewhere.
    I'm the same way, I only switched to Rogers because of the Treo.

Mike
    Consider yourself lucky. The largest telco in Australia, Telstra, charges 2.2c/kb and a connection fee of 22c for GPRS equivalent of $22 per MB. Slightly cheaper if you commit to a plan up front ($15 per MB) (AU$ is approx same as CAN$)

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I agree...Rogers pricing is out to lunch...Not just data, but voice, long-distance and ROAMING.

I am one of the few who had an incredibly positive experience with Fido. I roam a lot in the US for work and always had fantastic coverage with T Mobile. The long distance rates were about 20 cents a minute (on Rogers I pay 80 cents). On fido I got 5 MB of data per month for what Roger's charges for 3 MB.

I have had absolutely horrid experiences with Rogers customer service on several occasions. So bad I am considering writing a letter to the President.

The only reason I am on Rogers is they are the sole provider of the Treo 600. If they were not, I would be looking elsewhere.
    huh? so what if they are the sole provider? unlock it and go to fido. i would if their voice service was better. i got my treo off ebay but it was locked on rogers. any moment now i think i will dump rogers contract and move to fido
    Just got my bill today...roaming + LD...80 cents a minute for LD plus another 95 cents a minute for AT&T roaming. That's more than twice as much as Fido...can't switch right now...I signed a 2 year contract. It's been 4 months and I have not gotten my $200 credit yet either.

Oh and 300 KB of data roaming on AT&T in the US cost me $11. I think that's because a friend went to the Amtrak website to look up their phone number...guess I shoulda called 411
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Just got my bill today...roaming + LD...80 cents a minute for LD plus another 95 cents a minute for AT&T roaming. That's more than twice as much as Fido...can't switch right now...I signed a 2 year contract. It's been 4 months and I have not gotten my $200 credit yet either.

Oh and 300 KB of data roaming on AT&T in the US cost me $11. I think that's because a friend went to the Amtrak website to look up their phone number...guess I shoulda called 411
    as i mentioned somewhere else, we take 10 steps backwards in our advancement in technology usage. a 411 call would have been cheaper for sure!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12