1.    #1  
    So all it takes to "unlock" a treo 600 is the firmware upgrade? If that's so, will an unlocked black version treo (Sprint PCS in the US) work with all GSM providers? (from what i understand, sprint's network is different somehow?) If it does work with all providers, is that limited to the US or will the *unlocked* version work with all GSM providers worldwide?

Thanks.
    SPrint is CDMA, and is not compatible with GSM networks (and vice versa). If you really want a black Treo, then you want to be on Sprint. If you want an unlocked Treo GSM, look for a Cingular version (usually unlocked out of the box), of get one of the other GSM versions and seek out the unlocking patches posted around here.
    or you can get one from Orange, theirs are black too
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Apologies to my worldwide colleagues--I did not know that there was a black GSM version available (wish I had it here across the pond...).
    Don't forget the "INT" version (silver) t600. I have one which is unlocked and unbranded--works with every SIM (T-mo and Cingular) I've tried, with no issues at all.
  6.    #6  
    thanks guys! I was just curious about the Sprint Treos since they sell for much less on eBay. I prefer silver anyway =) ... thanks again!