1.    #1  
    You may be interested to know that TC poster MovieGene has kindly put the Orange branded 2.12 firmware for download on his website...

I've just installed it over my archaic 1.15 firmware, and it's all upgraded to 2.12 and works fine with all Orange settings/branding intact.

This is official firmware obtained from Good Technologies, apparently.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Interesting..... What benefits are there over the 1.15? Can this be put over the top of 3.04 FW? Excuse my ignorance, but who is Good Technologies and is this on the Orange website if it is official?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  3.    #3  
    I guess the benefits (if any) over 1.15 are bugfixes. To be honest, I can't see any difference yet, but I've not really had a big play around with my Treo today... :-) No idea if it can be installed over the 3.04FW, that's something to ask the experienced firmware hackers.

The Orange website has no firmware updates for the T600 that I've seen... The only previously known-about firmware update was contained in the Car Kit updater program from palmOne which upgraded the firmware to 1.15 and the software from 1.06-OUK to 1.09-OUK.

Good Technologies (good.com) make the GoodLink corporate messaging system which is Treo compatible.
    Last edited by Nude Koopa; 05/02/2004 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ok, would appreciate any updates on the benefits once you've had time to look through the Treo :-)
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Has anyone else tried this firmware yet? I'm reluctant to install it since all the other threads i've read say that upgrading to a higher firmware would mean losing the Orange specific apps. I'd like to upgrade to 2.xx but I want to be sure it's genuine first!

Thanks

- Tommy G
    I would second the previous request about any feedback on this alledged official FW update.

Is it worth also raising this question on the "Treo 600 Harware" section?
    Hi, I would love to know how you managed to do up the upgrade. I just got a new Treo on Orange and attempted last night to upgrade to 2.12 (using teh link posted) Never worked - am on version 1.15. And now my pocket tunes has lost the sound all together. Any help would be appreciated.
    Also been trying to unlock the phone , but same issues
    Each ugrade is carrier branded. They are idential to the 2.12 floating around here earlier, with that minor change being each has the carrier specifics.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    I've had the treo 600 four @ 4months (hardware version A). Since day 1, i've had network search /gprs connection problems etc , which recently got worse! Talked to the Orange Shop where i bought it - they didn't want to know and recomended I talk to the Network people. Orange Net admitted the handsets were buggy but didn't want to know either (probably because I don't have their "Phone Care insurance", and said I should talk to Handspring! Then I sent an email to Handspring who recomended that I try a Hard Reset! (as if!). Since explaining to Handspring that I've searched the internet, and have found many other people with the same problem, everything went quiet.

With nothing to lose, I decided to unlock it and do the 2.12 upgrade. No more Network Problems (for me anyway). I thought the Network search prob was hadrware related? The only thing I had to setup again was the MMS. Think i'll hang on to it a little longer.
    Hi Angelus, I too have an Orange branded Handspring Treo (Hardware A) and for about 6 months I suffered with horrendous network search and gprs connection problems. I tried the 2.12 firmware and the problems improved a bit but GPRS was still lagging and used to hang intermittently when connecting/signing on. I have found that the v3.04 firmware completely solves these two issues as well as some other significant improvements i.e. blazer is _much_ faster, applications is loads more responsive, new sound manager etc. I highly recommend v3.04 - it rocks =)

I have placed a range of Treo 600 firmware versions at mytreo.net: http://mytreo.net/downloads/

If anybody knows of any other firmwares that would be useful please let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by Nude Koopa
    You may be interested to know that TC poster MovieGene has kindly put the Orange branded 2.12 firmware for download on his website...

I've just installed it over my archaic 1.15 firmware, and it's all upgraded to 2.12 and works fine with all Orange settings/branding intact.

This is official firmware obtained from Good Technologies, apparently.
    yep, also worked for me and unlocked my phone - although the software could not upgrade and am still on 1.0. Do u think it matters?