1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 600 and I'm connected to Orange (UK).

In the manual for the phone, it says that if GPRS is available you get a small triangle showing next to the signal strength. If I connect to the internet for example, according to the manual, the signal strength meter should change to a large triangle, but instead it two arrows appear above the signal.

Does this mean that I am connected via CSD and not GPRS?

Is there a way to change it?

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Toby
    Originally posted by tobyfield
    I have a Treo 600 and I'm connected to Orange (UK).

In the manual for the phone, it says that if GPRS is available you get a small triangle showing next to the signal strength. If I connect to the internet for example, according to the manual, the signal strength meter should change to a large triangle, but instead it two arrows appear above the signal.

Does this mean that I am connected via CSD and not GPRS?

Is there a way to change it?

TIA
    You're connected by GPRS. It seems that evryone gets the green arrows with an active GPRS connection. I've had my Treo for four months and the green arrows were present for all data transfers and all data has been billed as GPRS.

Probably can't be changed. Updating firmware doesn't do it.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by MarkC

You're connected by GPRS. It seems that evryone gets the green arrows with an active GPRS connection. I've had my Treo for four months and the green arrows were present for all data transfers and all data has been billed as GPRS.

Thanks
    Toby
    Originally posted by MarkC

It's not the firmware that needs changing - it's the manual!

It was just a misprint...
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)