1.    #1  
    Hi

I live in france and would like to purchase a Treo 600 but Orange France informed me that they only sell azerty keyboard devices. Anyone have an idea how I can obtain a qwerty device that will work in France? (I'll purchase an unblocked device when it becomes available, but if a solution exists today, or through Orange, I would prefer that).

- Mitch
    Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get a QWERTY T600 in France, but you may find you can handle the AZERTY keyboard. I was dubious about it and ran the device in QWERTY mode (you get asked at first startup), but in the end switched back to AZERTY and haven't had any problems at all, really. This is from someone who always hated AZERTY keyboards.

If you really can't handle it, you have two options:
    • Buy an Orange UK Treo 600: There are some other threads on buying these unlocked from Orange
    • Buy an unlocked US GSM Treo 600 (AT&T, Cingular or T-Mobile). Any GSM Treo 600 will work in France... Just make sure to not get a Sprint one (CDMA is not available in Europe).
    • If you know someone who lives in a country where there is no operator with an exclusive on the Treo 600, you can order an unlocked one from treostore.com. Note: They can't ship Treo 600s to an address in France.

Good luck!
    Originally posted by iblink
    Hi

I live in france and would like to purchase a Treo 600 but Orange France informed me that they only sell azerty keyboard devices. Anyone have an idea how I can obtain a qwerty device that will work in France? (I'll purchase an unblocked device when it becomes available, but if a solution exists today, or through Orange, I would prefer that).

- Mitch
    You could always get a train to Geneva, Switzerland and buy an Orange phone here - it's QWERTY. Saying this, you might want to check that an Orange CH 600 will accept an Orange FR SIM...
    www.gsmworld.com