1.    #1  
    Has anyone been experiencing problems with Orangewap over the last week?

Iím connecting using Orangewap rather than Orangeinternet and this works fine, although Orange deny that it will work at all. In fact the last time I spoke to them they refused to accept that Blazer would display any kind of pages accessed through Orangewap.

I do have an occasional problem where the phone continually fails to make a data connection even though there appears to be a GPRS signal. Sometimes a soft reset seems to solve this problem but Iíve never got to the bottom of exactly what causes it.

Now, twice in the last week, I have a new problem. The connection completes OK but I canít do anything with it, no web pages, no email and even the ĎUpdateí application canít access the server. Repeated soft resets donít seem to solve the problem. I got it working for a couple of days (not sure how) but Iíve now had another 48 hours of no success.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?
    Originally posted by Markmat
    Has anyone been experiencing problems with Orangewap over the last week?

Iím connecting using Orangewap rather than Orangeinternet and this works fine, although Orange deny that it will work at all. In fact the last time I spoke to them they refused to accept that Blazer would display any kind of pages accessed through Orangewap.

I do have an occasional problem where the phone continually fails to make a data connection even though there appears to be a GPRS signal. Sometimes a soft reset seems to solve this problem but Iíve never got to the bottom of exactly what causes it.

Now, twice in the last week, I have a new problem. The connection completes OK but I canít do anything with it, no web pages, no email and even the ĎUpdateí application canít access the server. Repeated soft resets donít seem to solve the problem. I got it working for a couple of days (not sure how) but Iíve now had another 48 hours of no success.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?
    Don't know if it is related, but I spent yesterday in the UK (Heathrow and Slough) and the Orange GPRS was horrible again. Had to switch to O2 to get my email.
  3.    #3  
    Well I work near Heathrow and live just the other side of Slough so that makes some sense.

Did you manage to make a connection at all? If so are you using Orangewap or Orangeinternet?

cheers
    I too have been having trouble establishing the initial OrangeWap connection recently (SE London) I suspect it is just network congestion in London. Sometimes a soft-reset appears to sort it out but I think that may just be coincidence as persistence without a soft reset sometimes works too. It also doesn't seem to make any difference whether I try Orangewap or OrangeInternet. It's damn annoying whatever.

One thing to check if you appear to get a connection but nothing works is to see if the DNS server addresses have been initialised. You can check this by doing 'View Log' (Menu V) from the Network preferences screen.

As long as OrangeWap continues to work I'm going to cancel my additional GPRS package as that is £2 per Mb per month whereas with Wap you get 10Mb for 4 quid...
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)