1.    #1  
    About to buy a treo 600 from the handspring site when I noticed the following language:

"Customers who use Cingular-branded Treo 600s on other GSM/GPRS network may not receive optimal voice reception or data speed. "

I'm moving to Australia in 6 months and don't want this to be an issue.
    I know this may be FUD marketing (fear, uncertainty and doubt). Just wondering if anyone could shed some light.

I'm currently a Cingular customer, otherwise no worries I'd buy it in Aussieland.

Thanks
    The treo 600 is unavailable here in Australia. In fact, few people even know that it exists.
    Originally posted by bgriff
    I'm moving to Australia in 6 months and don't want this to be an issue.
    I know this may be FUD marketing (fear, uncertainty and doubt). Just wondering if anyone could shed some light.

I'm currently a Cingular customer, otherwise no worries I'd buy it in Aussieland.
    I am using the Cingular branded treo 600 on Telstra's network (using a Commun8 pre-paid SIM card) and I get fine reception throughout Sydney.

I haven't tried the GPRS (Telstra doesn't offer prepaid users GPRS), but the GSM data has worked fine for brief web surfing.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. I have just received the unit and I'm quite happy with the results so far. I hope the joy remains intact in Sydney.