Hi,

I have an Orange Treo 600 which keeps crashing whenever I have email waiting in British Telecoms POP3 server (pop3.btconnect.com). I can send email no probs to smtp server, (mail.btconnect.com).

I'm using the default mail client (E-Mail V.1.0). The display says "Receiving Changes..." for approx 30 seconds then restarts with no errors.

If no email is waiting it goes from "Receiving Changes" to "Finishing.." with no errors.

I connect to BT via dialup (no GPRS) and web browsing is also fine...

Has anyone encountered this problem, any help is appreciated, "I'm really stuck" ?

Cheers....
    I connect to mail.btopenworld.com with no problems. Try that instead?
    Hi,

Tried mail.btopenworld.com as my POP3 server but I get "Login to POP3 server failed"

I have also tried installing VersaMail 2.6 which also soft resets the Treo when receiving mail from BT's POP3 server "pop3.btconnect.com".

BT as usual are really co-operative and say it's not their problem... and Orange are stuggling....

Any other ideas ??
    I've had same problem - orange have even replaced my handset - but no solution - Yahoo works fine so it must be BT at fault - I saw reference to "UIDL not being supported bythe btconnect pop server" - but can't get any more info.

Have tried Aileron as an alternative email client - but though it worked on one occassion and it doesn't reset the treo - it still doesn't download.

I will try other email clients in the hope they don't use this mysterious UIDL!

Any other news very welcome!! (BT are looking into it!)

Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by Parm
    Hi,

Tried mail.btopenworld.com as my POP3 server but I get "Login to POP3 server failed"

I have also tried installing VersaMail 2.6 which also soft resets the Treo when receiving mail from BT's POP3 server "pop3.btconnect.com".

BT as usual are really co-operative and say it's not their problem... and Orange are stuggling....

Any other ideas ??

GET SNAPPER!

I struggled for some weeks using 'Internet' to connect to the BT connect wapmail server - last week even this solution stopped working after the latest BT upgrade.

So I started testing other email apps - Snappermail is fantastic! - supports attachments and works fine with bt connect.

www.snappermail.com