1.    #1  
    Hi

I'm using an unlocked Orange Treo 600 with a vodafone sim card and can't seem to get a GPRS connection.

If I use the voda sim in my old voda phone then GPRS works fine, on the Treo I don't even get the black triangle to show I'm in a GPRS area.

Is anyone using a Vodaofne sim with GPRS successfully?

By the way, I unocked my phone using the patched.zip from the other forum.

Thanks in advance...
    Matt.
    Hi,

I am using a 600 on Vodafone over here in Ireland and it's working fine.

What exactly happens when you try to connect?

I'll bet you have the settings wrong, verify them thoroughly from your old phone that you know works on the Voda network.

Things like gateway ip address & APN must be bang on.

TJ
  3.    #3  
    The settings are definitely OK, I've checked a few times.

I'm actually starting to think that it may be a problem with the GPRS package I have with Vodafone, it's some bizarre business package. I've only ever accessed Vodafone Live from the other handset so I guess my account may not be actually set up to allow 'normal' GPRS usage.

Out of interest though, do you get the black triangle when you're in a GPRS coverage area?
    OK, if your happy with the settings, but I would still be inclined to think that's the problem.

No I get two green kind of horizontal lines over the GSM signal bars when I am connected.

All the best

T
    Does anyone know the correct settings for Vodafone Live! on the Treo 600? I can get GPRS fine, but I can't seem to set up Vodafone Live.

Also, has anyone been able to get MMS to work with Vodafone in the UK on a Treo 600? When I select MMS I get a soft reboot.

Thanks in advance

PS Timber: I take it that you managed to get a copy of the file you asked me for, right?
    Originally posted by mouseymousey
    The settings are definitely OK, I've checked a few times.

I'm actually starting to think that it may be a problem with the GPRS package I have with Vodafone, it's some bizarre business package. I've only ever accessed Vodafone Live from the other handset so I guess my account may not be actually set up to allow 'normal' GPRS usage.

Out of interest though, do you get the black triangle when you're in a GPRS coverage area?
    I'm not on Voda, but it's supposed to be small black triangle when you're in a GPRS area and two green arrows when connected with GPRS (forget the big black triangle that the manual says = connected to GPRS. The manual is wrong)
    Yes thanks, was it the patched file? Got it anyway.

My settings are as follows, you could give them a try.

access points
    vodafone live
    APN=live.vodafone.com
    user=dublin
    pwd=dublin
    gateway ip address=10.24.59.100

vodafone mms
    APN=mms.vodafone.net
    user=dublin
    pwd=dublin
    gateway ip address=10.24.59.200

that works for ireland & when I go to the UK so I wouldn't worry about that username & password, probably authenticates anything as you have to be logged onto their network to connect anyway so bill will not be an issue

Regards

T