Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by elysian9
    When you say "not connecting" is there any chance your network prefs are defaulting to VPN (T-Mobile)? I have this problem where the device tries to connect on VPN instead of "TMO Internet" (my default) and sometimes never corrects itself on its won. I have to select "Zones" in order to reset the default to "Internet." I have had this problem from the first days of my 270 and still have it on my 600. T-Mobile denies it, but they are wrong. It's a bug in the T-Mobile carrierprofile file. If this is the case, and I'm not saying it is, the FW upgrade/downgrade will simply reset the carrierprofile and network prefs and you're good to go, leading you to believe you had a FW conflict. Just a thought, in case what you're experiencing is not really a FW issue.
    I dont know about others but I am aware of that being somewhat of an issue. I took that into consideration when the unit started acting up and tried changing the settings multiple times and various ways. I even disabled and enabled the "getmorespeed" proxy that T-mobile offers. None of these could have been my problem.

After repeatedly connecting and disconnecting it manually it would eventually connect on either "TMO Zones" or "TMO Internet". Then it would load a few non-cached pages sucessfuly. After that it would stop loading. It would just hang and eventually give me an error telling me to try again later. All this would be going on while my brothers Tungsten W is working just fine with GPRS on the same carrier using the same settings...

Like I said, I still have to toy around with it now that I've downgraded the FW and see if it behaves the way it used to. Then I'll know for sure if it was the 2.09 FW
    Originally posted by skillllllz

Like I said, I still have to toy around with it now that I've downgraded the FW and see if it behaves the way it used to. Then I'll know for sure if it was the 2.09 FW

Ok, I see. Hope it works out.
    elysian9 & skilllllllz,

Thought I'd throw in my $0.02 on this topic. I began to notice the switching bug when I tried to connect to GPRS long before I ever applied my first F/W update.

When I select 'Mobile Internet' and tap the connect button, a connection message flashs on the screen momentarily, and I can just make out a message that reads something like "Connecting to T-Mobile VPN".

Of course, the connection never goes through. The thing that irked me about the situation is that it was intermittent.

I eventually talked about this problem with a tier 2 support tech in T-Mobiles Wireless Data Group, who came right out and said that they were still testing the T6 on their network, so he could not deny or confirm the issue. (3 weeks ago)

Nevertheless, as of approximately a week and a half ago, there has been no reoccurence of this problem. Don't know if it's related to applying F/W ver 2.08 (doubt it), but who knows?

Your comments are welcome.

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    I have the exactly same problem as skilllllllz has described. But I did not upgrade my firmware.

Firmware: 02.02
    Software: Treo600-1.06-CNG
    Hardware: B

I was hoping to upgrade to 2.09 and solve the problem. I guess I might not be able to.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    When you say "not connecting" is there any chance your network prefs are defaulting to VPN (T-Mobile)? I have this problem where the device tries to connect on VPN instead of "TMO Internet" (my default) and sometimes never corrects itself on its won. I have to select "Zones" in order to reset the default to "Internet." I have had this problem from the first days of my 270 and still have it on my 600. T-Mobile denies it, but they are wrong. It's a bug in the T-Mobile carrierprofile file. If this is the case, and I'm not saying it is, the FW upgrade/downgrade will simply reset the carrierprofile and network prefs and you're good to go, leading you to believe you had a FW conflict. Just a thought, in case what you're experiencing is not really a FW issue.
    I had this problem with 2.02 until I created my own Network profile. Since then, the selection remains the same and never changes. I use T-Mobile VPN (used to get changed to T-Mobile Internet and get stuck there). These are my settings:

Connection: GPRS
    User Name: internet
    Password: a single space
    APN: internet3.voicestream.com (try internet2 for T-Mobile Internet)

I haven't had this problem for a couple of months since I did this. I don't feel like trying any beta updates since things are going pretty well.
    I have Cingular phone running on T-Mo. After update to 2.09, I noticed the phone became unstable and ptune experienced frequent buffering when streaming. After successful downgrade to 2.08, the phone is more stable, but the buffering problem is still there. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?
    for Sparxus: how have you done the downgrade?
    Ciao

Ettore
    As described in earlier posting, hard reset the Treo, sync the 2.08, and execute it.
    Well, I think the buffering problem was caused by T-Mo, not by the firmware. Streaming does not encounter any problems yesterday and today. So I am happy with the 2.08 now.
    Used 2.09 the day it was available but went back to 2.08 tonight. Had battery indicator problems, difficulties turning off wireless mode and regular resets. Hope 2.08 will be more stable.

Bye,
    Ton
    Applied 2.9 and found that the phone started to pause/freeze momentarily during calls. This was most evident when I was calling into my office voice mail. When I entered my login and password, the tones were delayed about 1-2 seconds after I hit the button. The call (audio) quality was not affected but I had a difficult time getting my voice mail system to recognize my input.

Went down to 2.8 to see if there was any significant difference but the pause is still there. The interesting thing is that it only occurs when the headset is plugged in. You can see it most clearly when you dial a call then switch over to a game like ZAP2016. The screen stops every 2-3 seconds. When you take the headset out...no delays.

This is strange behavior that I don't remember occuring when I had 2.04. Has anyone else seen this???
    Originally posted by Tonio78370
    Used 2.09 the day it was available but went back to 2.08 tonight. Had battery indicator problems, difficulties turning off wireless mode and regular resets. Hope 2.08 will be more stable.

Bye,
    Ton
    The first thing I notice it that it seems that the phone uses less energy! Opened up this morning fully charged, 7 hours later I'm still at 92% (used to be somewhere in the 80's)

Had no resets since I went back to 2.08 and the battery indicator seems OK also.

Bye,

Ton
    Originally posted by Ettore
    Hi,

after the last fw upgrade when I receive an MMS my phone crashes.

Anybody has experienced the same result ?
    I have excperienced the same with 2.08.

I get a white screen when resetting. I have to uparrow-reset. Delete the 2 prefs files and restore them from a backup to get all working again.
    --
    Manfred
    Originally posted by lasoio
    I'VE CALLED YESTERDAY THE HANDSPRING'S CUSTOMER CARE FOR THE LAST FW UPDATE AND THEY'VE SENT TO MY EMAIL THE 02.09 VERSION
    Where can you check your firmware revision at ? I have the CDMA Sprint Treo 600
    Originally posted by darwinbrewer

Where can you check your firmware revision at ? I have the CDMA Sprint Treo 600
    Hi,

In the phone app go Menu -> Options -> Phone Info (Wireless mode must be on).

Mind you, all these updates are only for GSM phones, I don't think there are CDMA updates (for the moment).

Bye,

Ton
    Can anyone please post where the step by step instructions for applying the upgrade is?

I'm trying go to from 1.06 to 2.08 Thanks!
    Treo 650
    Cingular
    Found it...not the the title so you have to sift through the other threads....

Here is the link in case anyone else is looking also

Worked great for me. I was actually going from 2.02 to 2.08 not 1.06...wireless was off so I couldn't see the firmware version.

What I did was a hotsync, hot reset, then hotsynced the new firmware prc into the handheld, then ran it from the handheld.

Worked like a charm.

I would go to 2.09 but there seems to be more troubles with it than 2.08.

Oh, I didn't have it connected to anything (for power)...fully charged battery.
    Treo 650
    Cingular
    Hi all,

On the official italian Handspring site (www.handspring.it) the fw update 2.09 is available.

bye

Ettore
    Ciao

Ettore
    wow, its right here

No sign of it on the USA website though
    Last edited by 100thMonkey; 02/03/2004 at 05:04 PM.
    Hello all,
    I'm from Rhodes, Greece and on17th of december I bought TREO 600 from the italian site of www.treostore.com . I've also paid 915 EUROS for it !! I've been reading your thread 2 months now, and thinking to upgrade to 2.09 . My phone reads :
    or example, my current phone info:

Firmware: 02.08
    Software: Treo600-1.09-INT
    Hardware B

Suddenly the last 5 days the device started to do this buzzzz problem while on phone. People still tell me that this is very annoying !!
    So what do you think? Should I upgrade? This will solve this problem? Or should I try to return the device back !!
    Looking forward for your opinions.
    Thanks,
    Christopher
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast