Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    here ya go
    Originally posted by jeg815
    here ya go
    Nothing for the moment is there a problem?

Ton
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Can someone who as upgraded please list their settings afterwards? I'm assuming this in an INT version?

For example, my current phone info:

Firmware: 02.08
    Software: Treo600-1.09-INT
    Hardware B

Someone who has done this upgrade can you confirm the Software version afterwards?

Thanks.

Danita
    Dunkin Donuts has some good a** coffee yo
    @beat,Lasoio&jeg815
    my icq87272920
    send to me & I will put it here
    Check mail

Last edited by beat; 01/03/2004 at 03:50 AM.
    For what it's worth, I had a look at the new (2.09?) updater using PRCExplorer, in particular I looked in the Firmware2.prc and ROM0.prc files contained in the updater, because those files contain the actual new firmware and ROM that get reflashed during the update.

I'm still working on decompressing that stuff, but meanwhile the filename of the original source file used to create those compressed files appears in clear text in one of the resources (InFl), as well as the file creation date in another resource (GDtm). Here's the result when I compare the first updater (I'll call it "v2.08") and the newer updater (called here "v2.09"):

Firmware2.prc:

"Initial" (v2.08) updater:
    //erwin/ash/Official/Duo/SiamFirmwareUpdater/255/RelMlMLRelFimrware/./FirmwareStackRel.pdb
    Wed Dec 10 15:10:10 2003

"New" (v2.09) updater:
    //erwin/ash/Official/Duo/SiamFirmwareUpdater/256/RelMlMLRelFimrware/./FirmwareStackRel.pdb
    Mon Dec 15 17:01:00 2003

ROM0.prc:

"Initial" (v2.08) updater:
    //erwin/ash/Official/Duo/Siam/920/Rel/./optsCrowRel/RomUpdater-CrowGsmRelMlMLBuild_920-App.bprc
    Wed Dec 10 15:10:26 2003.

"New" (v2.09) updater:
    //erwin/ash/Official/Duo/Siam/921/Rel/./optsCrowRel/RomUpdater-CrowGsmRelMlMLBuild_921-App.bprc.
    Mon Dec 15 17:01:15 2003.

I've not yet applied any of these updaters to my Treo 600 (I'm still investigating the effect toward unlocked devices, as my Treo 600 is already unlocked and I do NOT want to see it become somehow sim-locked to Orange again during the upgrade), but I thought I would let you know that this newer upgrader seems to be actually genuine and more recent than the first one.
    Hi,

First a big Thank You to Daffy Duck for sending me the 2.09 update!!

Update went OK and I'm now on

FW 02.09
    SW Treo600-1.09-INT
    HW A

Very subjective, sound seems again better, GPRS stayed 36.6 (was 36).

Pitty I couldn't keep this beta version, I somehow liked the coffee feature
    Originally posted by Tonio78370

FW 02.09
    SW Treo600-1.09-INT
    HW A

Sounds like new firmware, but the same revision of software. It would be really nice if we had access to the revision info. I suppose we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, though I do wonder what changed from 2.08 to 2.09.

Interestingly enough, my T600 GSM has the best sound of any phone I have ever used. (I've had 15 years worth of Motorola CDMA/Analog phones and a couple of Nokias). The T600 is loud enough, on both standard and speakerphone, so that I don't have to set the volume to max. And I don't think I've had to say "Excuse Me?, say that again." once since I got the phone. I don't know if this is due mostly to GSM or to the T600 itself...

Bill S

ps Thanks for being one of the first guinea pigs in testing this. I'm gonna wait a couple of more days before I update my 2.08 to 2.09. Thanks also to euroclie for the detective work; his results agree with my cursory look inside the 2.09 updater as well.
    Originally posted by Tonio78370
    Hi,

First a big Thank You to Daffy Duck for sending me the 2.09 update!!

FW 02.09
    SW Treo600-1.09-INT
    HW A

Pitty I couldn't keep this beta version, I somehow liked the coffee feature
    How about posting it here?
    tonio, if you can email me the prc I will post it on my site straight away.
    I get 2.09 & I will post it to night...
    Sing in free and dl
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo_update/files/
    Last edited by atari; 01/03/2004 at 10:25 AM.
    Originally posted by atari
    I get 2.09 & I will post it to night...
    Sing in free and dl
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo_update/files/
    The d/l results in a corrupt compressed folder which I cannot open. Any thoughts?
    combine 4 files whit wincommander....
    I don't understand. I can d/l the file to my desktop but that folder cannot be opened.
    did you join to yahoo group?
    yes, I am already a member of several groups so I am familiar with the process.
    Originally posted by atari
    did you join to yahoo group?
    Also tried to d/l from a different computer and I get an error indicating that your file is not a valid archive. May you should try uploading the file again. It appears to be corrupt.
    did you combine files to one zip archive?
    btw if others have problem, I will put on ftp....
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast