1.    #1  
    I've been reading the various threads about folks connecting to the web on T-Mobile for free or through T-Zones with the $4.99 plan. I've got a problem in that I couldn't connect at all until I just subscribed to the full T-Internet service for $19.99. Anyone have suggestion or know the configuration settings for T-Zones?

I had no problem connecting to T-zone through my Motorola P280 handset, so I know the service was active. When I put the SIM in my T600 and tried connecting to T-zones, I would get an error "GPRS connection not available... 0x7143" It attempted to connect, but failed. I just called T-Mobile and they told me I could only use the T-Internet service, but from this forum I know that I should be able to use other services or the "free" service.

I'm wondering if I can manually configure T-Zones on my T600. I need to know the dialing string (e.g., *99# or *99***1#) and the APN.

Other interesting tests with T-Internet. It works fine, but I have to say it is a bit slow. I am trying NotifyMail WirelessModem and it works great. The trick is to disable the "hardware flowcontrol" in your dialup configuration on the PC and turn off the IR on the HH. Interestingly, my ping times ranged from 650ms to 1100ms; pretty slow. Also, my connection speed is unimpressive 27kbps. If I can't get the basic T-zones or free connection working I may fall back to the dial up service at 9.6kpbs. The "phone number" for anyone trying this is "*99***1#"
    To access your MOBILE "T-Zones Settings" page you MUST use a WAP browser. While it is true that Blazer can in fact "see" many WAP sites, it cannot see TZ. That is why you CAN see TZ on your Cell phone and NOT on your Treo. According to T-Mo Wireless Data Group Tech Supprot Tier 2, the mobile TZ settings page was designed for cell phones (text only) and not Treos/Blazer, though you can install a WAP browser on your Treo and it may work with one or another of them. I haven't tried it on the Treo 600, but Eudora Web worked on my 270. Personally, I prefer to access and configure TZ Settings from my desktop. FYI, Cingular's version of TZ is MyWireless and one can access it from Blazer without a hitch.

It's all a bit confusing.

If you have unlimited Internet ($19.99), then CSRs will tell you it includes unlimited T-Zones, which, of course, is not true. You get it all, including "getmorespeed," EXCEPT access to T-Zones Settings. (No problem with "My T-Mobile.")
    Originally posted by jfdjsu
    I've been reading the various threads about folks connecting to the web on T-Mobile for free or through T-Zones with the $4.99 plan. I've got a problem in that I couldn't connect at all until I just subscribed to the full T-Internet service for $19.99. Anyone have suggestion or know the configuration settings for T-Zones?
    Try this go into preferences and select network, then from your network preferences select T-zones instead of T-mobile Internet.

No other settings were necessary, it continues to work great.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I use the T-zones site once in a while. You must connect with the T-Zones setting in Network Preferences, and use a real WAP browser, with the WAP proxy set to 216.155.165.50. It works fine, I can reqad emails, check weather, etc all using the T-Zones Deck. The trouble is finding a decent wap browser for Palm. The one I use is really old, and doesn't work that well. Anyone know of a new browser that supports the five-way pad of a Treo 600?
    Well continuing on this thread t-zones does work, now my question is will I be slammed with charges if I continue to use tzones without actually signing up for it?