Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In Italy will be available the fw update the 10th of december

Editor's Note: According to my sources at PalmOne, performing this firmware update on Treo phones not sold by the intended carrier is not recommended and will void your warranty. The firmware update was produced with a specific carrier in mind, so installing the firmware may cause sever data loss on your Treo. Until an update for your carrier is available, please refrain from installing it.
    What is a fw update?
  3.    #3  
    In Italy we have a lot of problem with the treo 600,espacially with the mobile phone . Handspring has develope a new firmware to fix this problem.
    Lo hai giÓ ricevuto?
    Io e un amico abbiamo fatto da beta tester per Handspring a Roma nelle ultime tre settimane per diverse versioni di firmware, ora siamo alla 2.08 che dovrebbe essere definitiva.
    Tutti i noti problemi che avevamo sono per fortuna scomparsi, anche l'audio in generale sembra decisamente meglio.
    Credo che l'update sia in distribuzione giÓ da qualche giorno.

Ciao.
  5.    #5  
    Dopo 2 giorni mi sembra tutto ok ,mi si Ŕ resettato solo una volta mentre rispondevo ad una chiamata,ma rispetto a prima che non riuscivo neanche a finirn una. Se hai contatti con Handspring vorrei sapere se hanno intenzione di risarcire gli utenti che hanno speso 900 euro senza poter usare il treo per quasi 2 mesi
    It's the 13th now. Any news on an official new firmware release?
  7.    #7  
    sorry for writing in italian; the new firmware is out ver. 2.08 and sw ver 1.09 hw ver B, now the wireless device is ok.
    Originally posted by marcoval
    sorry for writing in italian; the new firmware is out ver. 2.08 and sw ver 1.09 hw ver B, now the wireless device is ok.
    How can we get this firmware? Do you have a URL? Did you receive it from HS Italy or US?

Do you have a readme that list the changes & fixes in this firmware that you could post here?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by Mol

How can we get this firmware? Do you have a URL? Did you receive it from HS Italy or US?

Do you have a readme that list the changes & fixes in this firmware that you could post here?

Thanks.
    You can download it by clicking on the first link on <i>broken link</i>

I'm tempted to install it though I have no clue what it will do :-) Also, I don't fully understand the install process. Maybe one of the Italians can provide a more correct translation?

The Altavista Babel Fish translation of the instructions:

Instructions Attention: the modernization operation will cancel all the present data on Treo 600. Before launch the modernization to carry out one synchronization with just the computer executing therefore a backup of the data. Important: to connect Treo 600 to the feeding and to leave fed it until the term of the modernization operation Carrying out a hard reset of the PDA to press to the inside of forellino the place on the back of the PDA with a clips (unscrewing the tip of the pennina will exit a aghetto) and holding at the same time pressed the push-button of ignition of palmare for a pair of second. Then to parade only the pennina maintaining pressed the push-button of the ignition of the telephone until when the shielded one does not appear "palm powered". therefore to rilasciare the key and to eliminate the data Through the synchronization process to install, on Treo 600, the rows Siam INT Updater.prc that you have unloaded. To the term of the operation of HotSync launch on Treo 600 the program Siam Selezionare Accept on first videata Selezionare "OK" on the successive one videata "Device Customizer" To attend that all the process has term (approximately 10 min.) Treo 600 presentarÓ to this point completely resettato. It will subsequently propose the choice of the language and the normal phase first formulation (gunlayer, date, hour etc..) On just the computer to eliminate from the folder backup of the customer of Treo 600 with which it has been made the synchronization, the rows Siam INT Updater.prc Effettuare the synchronization, restoring therefore the own data. Att.ne: if utililla a Secure Digital and a "Card Reader", the modernization must be installed to the inside of the folder "Launcher" that is found within the folder "Palm" previously formattata with the present Treo600 If e' dovra' not to create itself. Ribadisco that I do not assume some responsabilita', I make solo give through: - /
    Last edited by Mol; 01/05/2004 at 08:05 AM.
    What concerns me is that FW upgrades would normally be listed on Handspring's site. I could not find it there. Before installing I recommend asking Handspring if it's a good idea to install it on any GSM.
    I read through some of the Italian newsgroups and if I understand the messages correctly that the update should improve the overall phone call quality and better GPRS connections (in particular when moving between cells). I figured it wouldn't be too hard to install it so I took the plunge. Not for the faint hearted I guess :-)

Used my charging USB cable to be sure it would have full power. Did a full HotSynch, then put the Siam_INT_Updater.PRC on my SD card in the PALM/Launcher folder. Hard reset, launched the prc from the card, clicked Accept a few times, waited about 10 minutes and saw three progress bars going by. Then it does an automatic hard reset again. Upgrade completed.

Then removed the prc from the Backup folder on my PC, HotSynch, et voila.

Everything seems to be working just fine. The firmware screen is now saying:

Firmware: 02.08
    Software: Treo600-1.09_INT
    Hardware: A
    Originally posted by Mol
    I read through some of the Italian newsgroups and if I understand the messages correctly that the update should improve the overall phone call quality and better GPRS connections (in particular when moving between cells). I figured it wouldn't be too hard to install it so I took the plunge. Not for the faint hearted I guess :-)

Used my charging USB cable to be sure it would have full power. Did a full HotSynch, then put the Siam_INT_Updater.PRC on my SD card in the PALM/Launcher folder. Hard reset, launched the prc from the card, clicked Accept a few times, waited about 10 minutes and saw three progress bars going by. Then it does an automatic hard reset again. Upgrade completed.

Then removed the prc from the Backup folder on my PC, HotSynch, et voila.

Everything seems to be working just fine. The firmware screen is now saying:

Software: Treo600-1.09_INT
    Hardware: A
    Thanks for pioneering it. What can you tell us regarding changes, improvements. Anything at all yet?
    Originally posted by elysian9

Thanks for pioneering it. What can you tell us regarding changes, improvements. Anything at all yet?
    The two changes I noticed so far:

* the Orange-ized icons have been replaced by the standard icons! For example, I no longer have an Orange Internet icon, instead I have a Web icon. I'd call this an improvement :-)

* it's now using the standard Handspring screen when switching on and off wireless mode. I was using a modified phone_LOGO but decided to try without one after having noticed the changes above.

Some of the Italians were referring to better SMS behavior but I haven't seen any difference. The version of the SMS app is 1.01, could somebody check what the version is on previous firmwares?
    just tried my SFR SIM but still doesn't accept it.
    have firmware 2.02 treo600-1.06-cng.

sms version 1.0
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Mol

The two changes I noticed so far:

* the Orange-ized icons have been replaced by the standard icons! For example, I no longer have an Orange Internet icon, instead I have a Web icon. I'd call this an improvement :-)

* it's now using the standard Handspring screen when switching on and off wireless mode. I was using a modified phone_LOGO but decided to try without one after having noticed the changes above.

Some of the Italians were referring to better SMS behavior but I haven't seen any difference. The version of the SMS app is 1.01, could somebody check what the version is on previous firmwares?
    Phone quality? Many have reported bad phone voice quality on their Treo 600s. Maybe yours was OK before your FW upgrade. Notice anything?
    I too performed the update this morning. So far so good!

Before the update:

Firmware: 02.02
    Software: Treo600-1.06-CNG
    Hardware: B

After the update:

Software: Treo600-1.09-INT
    Hardware: B

I haven't had much time to test everything so far. I will post any issues and/or improvements I discover as I use it further.
  18.    #18  
    The fw update improve the phone; before this update i couldn't finish a single call ,now i can define the treo 600 a real smartphone. Handspring Italia make the update ,so i had to send them my treo, they say that in the future it will be avalaible on the handdpring site
    It would seen that this FW update unbrands and unlocks any GSM Treo 600.

Possibly Handspring is working on multiple versions so that the FW updater prc is carrier specific.

This version may be our only chance to unbrand?
    Originally posted by elysian9
    It would seen that this FW update unbrands and unlocks any GSM Treo 600.

Possibly Handspring is working on multiple versions so that the FW updater prc is carrier specific.

This version may be our only chance to unbrand?
    mol said it didnt unlock his.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast