Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My Phone is on cingular and ive followed the FW Upgrade instructions to the letter ( Installing from SD card) I get a Message that Say Make Sure your device is plugged into the charger! etc.it goes to the HANDSPRING Initializing screen then jumps back to the charger Screen..

Any Ideas
    Originally posted by Tonio78370
    After the deflating, I got in to a loop: "Make sure your connected to the charger, do You want to run the update script?" when I answered Yes, got the same box again and gain.
    Originally posted by Tonio78370
    As I'm on of these sick guys that can't live if I'm not "updated", I gave it another try.

This time I tried to avoid all possible error sources:
    - original charger (no USB)
    - language French (no English)
    - hotsynced the prc to the phone under new name
    - ripped out the SD card

and it worked like a charm!

Phone working 100 percent, GPRS seems much (x2) faster!

bye
    Ton
    ---------
    Posted from T6 FW208
    Hi,

Had the same thing and managed to update as above.

Bye,

Ton

Remark: The language thing was that I have a French phone that I run in English language. So the last time I tried, I put the Treo in its "Home Language" : French.

Your will probably be English
    I am on Orange in the UK.
    Applied upgrade patch today . . per Mols excellent instructions . . no problems.
    Question : -
    I have a bunch of files I dont know if I need?

appinflater 8
    DC
    Firmware1.prc
    Firmware2.prc
    Firmware3.prc
    Firmware4.prc
    Firmware5.prc
    Firmware6.prc
    Firmware7.prc
    Firmware8.prc
    ROM0.prc
    ROM1.prc
    ROM2.prc
    ROM3.prc
    ROM4.prc
    ROM5.prc
    TempInstallData
    TokenWriter

They look like the upgrade patch left them behind . . OK to delete?
    Originally posted by duckznutz
    They look like the upgrade patch left them behind . . OK to delete?
    They are indeed the leftover files from the upgrade... Funny thing is that if the upgrade was successful, I would have expected the device to hard reset at the end of the ROM reflash, and those files to disappear... You might want to perform that hard reset instead of just deleting the files, just in case...
    Thanks Euroclie! Took your advice and did the hard reset . . . . these files now gone! . . . . . . all seemed working ok without the hard reset though, and its still working fine . . . glad I checked though.

Thanks again.
    I also had the loop problem, the answer seemed to be not placing the the update file on the SD card but the phone itself.
    I dont know if this should be a seperate thread or not . . . anyway . . after having installed the firmware upgrade I find that there is still on number in the Favourites SpeedDial that wont let me delete!!! (I tried to edit it out of 'PhoneFavoritesDB.PDB' but it wouldnt let me do that either!)

Its calle Ans.Phone and is the number to my Orange Answerphone service . . . I cant rename or delete? Advice welcomed . . . .
    Originally posted by duckznutz
    I dont know if this should be a seperate thread or not . . . anyway . . after having installed the firmware upgrade I find that there is still on number in the Favourites SpeedDial that wont let me delete!!! (I tried to edit it out of 'PhoneFavoritesDB.PDB' but it wouldnt let me do that either!)

Its calle Ans.Phone and is the number to my Orange Answerphone service . . . I cant rename or delete? Advice welcomed . . . .
    I think it's on your SIM. The single (locked) voicemail number for T-Mo shows up on my INTernational updated phone. If you have another (non-orange) SIM, you might try putting that into your phone to see if the orange voicemail entry "goes away" or can be deleted. Of course, once you put your orange SIM back in, the number will probably re-appear. I don't have my WIND (Italy) SIM handy to try here, I lent the phone with the WIND SIM to my nephew...

Bill S
    Great news!(at least for me) Iīm a Treo 600 user from Mexico. I apply the path in the posted mirror and ran the upgrade.

100% succesfully. My phone was already unlocked. I was afraid that the upgrade "re-lock" the phone, but it didnīt.

Fully functional,

firmware 02.08
    Software Treo600-1.09-INT
    Hardware Treo 600 x.y

All services enabled, including GPRS.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hardware Treo 600 x.y????

What's that? Another hardware version?
    I thought Treo 600s only come in Hardware A, B or C.
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    moreover, it seems like rev. A can be either CDMA or GSM. It seems as though all B's are GSM and all C's are CDMA
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I beg your pardon, but I am a version B CDMA!
    my bad, I hadn't heard of anyone with that configuration. thanks for the tip
    Version B cdma here also.
    Flashing the firmware to v2.08 and software to INTernational version still doesn't unlock the phone. So, how does one unlock the phone besides contacting the service provider? and why doesn't it unlock the phone when the ROM has been over-written?

What advantages does one get by flashing the firmware to v2.08 besides having a better quality speakerphone and supposedly higher bandwidth on GPRS for an Orange UK Treo?

I personally can't find any nasty bugs apart from the auto disconnection from the GPRS network from time-to-time and the occasional problems with the speakerphone.

Cheers!
    Originally posted by redarrow
    Flashing the firmware to v2.08 and software to INTernational version still doesn't unlock the phone. So, how does one unlock the phone besides contacting the service provider? and why doesn't it unlock the phone when the ROM has been over-written?
    Obviously the locking/unlocking status isn't stored in the ROM or Firmware part that gets reflashed during the upgrade...

I'm currently trying to find out where the firmware part is actually located in the memory, as well as which part of the ROM gets reflashed, so hopefully I can find the locking/unlocking part as well...
    Originally posted by euroclie

Obviously the locking/unlocking status isn't stored in the ROM or Firmware part that gets reflashed during the upgrade...

I'm currently trying to find out where the firmware part is actually located in the memory, as well as which part of the ROM gets reflashed, so hopefully I can find the locking/unlocking part as well...
    Obviously?

If you look through the code in the updater, you'll see there is a section which saves out the lock info and restores it while updating.

If I were looking for a way to "unlock" a locked T600, without having the program to generate the codes, I'd disassemble the updater and figure out exactly what it was doing.

I haven't (disassembled the updater), and I'm not (looking for a way to unlock a T600); mine came unlocked.

For those of you that like to speculate, just examine the (contents of the) updater with a text editor. There's more than enough clear text to spawn another hundred or so well meaning, but not quite correct, messages in this topic.

Bill S
    If you look through the code in the updater, you'll see there is a section which saves out the lock info and restores it while updating
    Good news indeed!

What file in the updater are you refering to? I'm currently trying to uncompress the Firmware and ROM updaters, but with Christmas celebration in family, I haven't yet looked too much at the code...
    farzonalmaneih,

Hi. I also have a Cingular Treo running with a T-Mob sim card, and still run the old 2.02 firmware.

I'd be interested in hearing from you and all similar treo owners with similar cingular T6 on T-Mob network set-ups pertaining to your various experiences with the phone since the update.

Essentially, is functionality better since the update, and if so, what has improved? If not, what has degenerated? Thanks for your time and responses.

Cheers!
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Originally posted by euroclie

Good news indeed!

What file in the updater are you refering to? I'm currently trying to uncompress the Firmware and ROM updaters, but with Christmas celebration in family, I haven't yet looked too much at the code...
    No file. I didn't disassemble the updater. But I did take a very quick look at it before I used it to update my phone a few weeks ago, and with all the hacking talk going on, I was just suggesting that the installer was a good place to look around for the real story...

Bill S

ps Much earlier in this thread, or one of the other two about updating firmware, someone mentioned that the update apparently didn't erase all the temporary files (i.e. didn't perform a hard reset), and that the user had to manually perform the hard reset to "complete" the update. Said message contained a list of all the files the updater uncompressed and used during the update. You might hunt that down to add to the info you are gathering.

pps You DO understand that modifying the updater to either not install the old lock settings, or to install settings you choose, or to install the "default" settings in the updater images, is really, really dangerous. Unless you completely understand what is being done, you can render your phone useless in a few minutes.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast