Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I have a Zlib file in my ROM as well s the NetfrontLib and have not applied the upgrade.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    updated and browsing magnificently! Blazer rulz !
    I have updated my phone. many thanks to foxtrot for the instruction given and Mol for the installer.
    Just for fun, I scanned the siam updater .prc file using PrcExplorer. It includes a lot of resources, of course...

Some of them are simple alert boxes. One of them is probably the one displaying the message about Zlib.

Did that message look like "The database named "Zlib" cannot be replaced, because the original cannot be deleted"?

If so, I'm beginning to suspect the possible cause of the problem: the updater includes a few resources which contain the new firmware (Firmware0.prc to Firmware8.prc) and the new ROM (ROM0.prc to ROM5.prc). Those files appear to be compressed (or maybe encrypted, but I doubt it, they're definitely smaller than the resulting ROM), as they do not look like a plain ROM dump. There's also a resource containing the AppInflater program, which includes references to functions with names like "PrvInflateOneLz77File", or "CmdInflateLz77", and a mention of the Zlib library (Creator ID Zlib, type libr).

I think that when the ROM flashing program attempts to do something with the ROM Zlib file, it may still be in use and the system might refuse to let it be replaced.

Maybe if we put a copy of the Zlib library in RAM before launching the update, the PalmOS would "lock" the RAM file, and let the "ROM" file be replaced...

But then, it's all loosy speculation, because when the ROM itself gets overwritten, I think that such issues as file locking are no longer relevant... Who knows.

If anyone could give me details about the new ROM I may try to figure out if the Zlib is included in the new ROM resource in Siam_updater or not...

The thing that added to my suspicions is that the update is a single .prc file. On one hand, it could be all that's needed, but on the other hand, maybe there were some other files included in the upgrade "package" when it was created (maybe another copy of the Zlib file, for instance), so the error message about Zlib might not be "normal".

And except if HandSpring decided to include the Zlib library in the NetFront library (which would be kind of stupid IMHO since the standalone Zlib library will sooner or later be needed by other apps), it seems strange that they removed it from the ROM...

Sorry for the long and technical post, but I thought it might be interesting to solve that problem before too many people perform the upgrade.

Note that technically speaking, if my assumptions are true, then applying again the upgrade (if the upgrade program accept to overwrite the ROM with the same version again) should fail because of the missing Zlib library, and maybe then if we load only the Zlib library and the Siam updater in RAM after a hard reset, the complete ROM (including Zlib) would be reflashed... Who knows...
    Someone has already confirmed that firmware upgrade can't unlock the phone. My question is where such info be stored? in hardware ?( I don't think so as it costs too much work to handspring) I guess it should be saved in a file, right? If so, which file, any hints? Someone should be able to patch the file.

Pedro
    I tested my GPRS connection with www.2wire.com...
    It says 25,4 Kbps...
    Is it slow i think...
    Have you suggestion for buster software to improve connection speed?
    @pedrong
    in gsmlibrary.prc i found unlock string "*#*#" adr:0002cb80
    and in Phone_enUS.prc i found string "The SIM Lock has NOT been removed from this phone" adr: 0000c9a0
    I think unlock code is in eeprom memory but it can be in flash too
    Last edited by atari; 12/16/2003 at 05:33 AM.
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    wow, did you hard reset before the sync?
    Yes did it 'following the rules' but still it hang.

Bye,

Ton
    Originally posted by euroclie
    Did that message look like "The database named "Zlib" cannot be replaced, because the original cannot be deleted"?

That's exactly what it said when I started the update. I suspected immediatly that something went wrong because of the strange signs below the progress bar.

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

Ton
    Originally posted by Tonio78370
    Everything seems back to normal only DocToGo is crashing but this is minor trouble.
    I now know why DocToGo didn't work. When I restored the "real version" was mixed with applications of this "half" working version HS gave us.

Bye,

Ton
    Originally posted by grenness
    I'm having problems with distortion on my end during a phone conversation.
    Bought it a month ago from Mobilefly in Singapore (Singapore warranty only),
    firmware 02.01
    software Treo600-1.05.INT
    hardware B

I've just downloaded the upgrade, and tomorrow I'm shopping an MMC card to use for the upgrade process.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed all night hoping that this will fix the distortion problem so I won't have to send it to and from Singapore (I'm in Norway).

/Christopher
    OK, I'VE UPGRADED!!

Here are my findings:

The distortion problem is fixed, at least that's my conclusion after one test call after the upgrade.

The IMEI number does not longer show

The SA Number does not show either any more

The firmware, which was 02.01, does not show either!

Software is now Treo600-1.09-INT

Hardware is of course still B

Other than this I can't find any changes in version numbers of any of the standard applications.

But I have a question (you may point me to an existing thread if this has been discussed earlier).

I want to perform a clean install of just the software I want to have on my Treo (before the upgrade I had lots of different applications I just had installed to test out) so I was thinking of moving all files from the Archive and Backup folders on my PC away to another temporary folder, and then just hotsync the various databases (like SMS, call log, etc.) back to the Treo and install just the applications I want.

Question:

Which files on my PC contain SMS/MMS messages, phone log (both incoming and outgoing) and other logs?

Are there any files that when beamed to my Treo will set up the various configurations just as I had them before the upgrade?

Thanks,
    Christopher

did you check such infos with wireless turned on?
    Which files on my PC contain SMS/MMS messages, phone log (both incoming and outgoing) and other logs?
    that's a good question, I'll wait for a reply too.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    I'm pretty sure some of the ones you are looking for are:

PhoneCallDB
    PhoneDialDB
    PhoneFavoritesDB
    SMS_Messages
    SMS_Msg_Database

Try saved_preferences for most of your system settings.

You should be able to find all of these in your Backup folder under your hotsync ID.

Just look at the names and you can figure out most of them.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Calls: PhoneCallDB.PDB & PhoneDialDB.PDB

SMS: SMS_Messages.PDB and SMS_Msg_Database.PDB (but you might as well keep all the PDBs that start with SMS

MMS: P4Messages.PDB

OK, I'VE UPGRADED!!

Here are my findings:

The distortion problem is fixed, at least that's my conclusion after one test call after the upgrade.

Software is now Treo600-1.09-INT

Hardware is of course still B

Other than this I can't find any changes in version numbers of any of the standard applications.
    Hmmmm. One more thing.
    According to my Laptop, when pointed towards the Treo 600 the Treo is no longer identified via Ir as "Treo 600" but "Palm III".
    Can that be good?

/C
    Originally posted by matro
    did you check such infos with wireless turned on?
    Apparantly not...
    The info is back (wireless on), and Firmware is now 02.08.

/Christopher
    I have an Orange Treo 600 UK and I was stunned to find my firmware is older than anyone elses I can see on this thread!! This is the Phone Info I see:

Firmware: 01.15
    Software: Treo600-1.0-OUK
    Harware: A

Because of people hearing buzzing on my voice and drop outs between cells this is my third phone from the orange shop within 28days.

After a friend hearing the buzz on latest 3rd phone I call Orange and...

Orange UK claim I am the ONLY user in the UK with a Treo 600 that has registered a complaint!!

BUT LOOKING AT THIS THREAD INDICATES THE FIRMWARE VERSION ORANGE HAVE SHIPPED TO ME MAY BE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else have firmware 01.15 or can enlighten me?

Thanks!
    Been minus my zLib now for over a day and I cannot find anything unusual. Blazer seems fine. All apps smooth so far. It's a bit of a mystery to me.
    I have fw vwe 01.15, but have had no problems.
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
    So I applied the firmware to my cingular phone. I have started haveing problems with my GPRS connection dropping but still showing connected. I can disconnect and reconnect and everything goes back to normal.

Anyone else haveing problems after the upgrade. BTW - I am on t-mobile.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast