Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    You're gonna get another copy from me cuz it's already on its way!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I had no problems updating or continuing to use on Rogers GPRS network in Canada. Phone Info now shows software as Treo600-1.09-INT
    Hi,

I'm getting a bit nervous, started the update some 20 minutes ago and the progession bar doesn't seem to move.

Got a message about zlib and I said yes and now the phone seems sitting there with the bar not progressing.

Under the bar there are some caracters: "It" a square and a N with the ~ above it.

Am I the first that fried my phone (French Orange GSM)?

Ton
    I have Zlib, so it has to ZLauncher. I didn't have a pause for it like some people...but I have LX as the default laucher.

Wow, I hope that something turns around for you
    Don't think zLib is zlauncher. I have the file but never had zLauncher.
    maybe Plucker then like Mol suggested?
    Never had Plucker either. Launcher X? I never noticed if was there directly after hard resets (it's not in ROM).
    I wonder what apps we have in common:
    KeyContacts
    PocketMirror
    DocstoGo
    ePocrates
    HandyShopper
    Chatter
    iSilo
    FileZ
    LX
    ZL
    SyncAll
    Qlaunch
    Neat Freak pack (Clean Up and Uninstall Manager)
    Jot
    Plucker
    Java HQ
    Profiles
    Splash Clock

Deleted (ZLib could be a leftover):
    Verichat
    oKey
    WebPro3
    Aileron
    TipicMe Pro
    some of the Splash Trash that HS included on the install CD
    I'm beginning to suspect it is fileZ. That "z" is just screamin' at me. Our common apps are:

PocketMirror
    DocstoGo
    FileZ
    LX
    Neat Freak pack (Clean Up and Uninstall Manager)
    very well could be. Mol and Tonio78370, do ya'll have FileZ installed to? I am running mine from the SD with the shortcut provided by ZL. Maybe that's why I didn't get the Zlib message during installation...maybe
    Originally posted by Mol

You can download it by clicking on the first link on this page

The patch has been removed, you better use Soup Nazi's mirror link further up in this thread.

added info: sorry, I see that this has already been warned about. My bad. Soup Nazi's link still works, however!
    yes 
    blazer just removed 90 percent of my reply

yes I have filez. but I believe Zlib is a file used by more than one app and it has to be on the SD card since you do a hard reset right before applying the update.

I recommend people remove Zlib from both phone and card before applying the update. it can't hurt and you can restore it afterwards if needed.
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    very well could be. Mol and Tonio78370, do ya'll have FileZ installed to? I am running mine from the SD with the shortcut provided by ZL. Maybe that's why I didn't get the Zlib message during installation...maybe
    I hard reset prior to the FW upgrade, b/c I was afraid of launcher X, etc., having their claws in the works. Anyone doing the FW Upgrade should hard reset FIRST (after a full BU).
    I'm having problems with distortion on my end during a phone conversation.
    Bought it a month ago from Mobilefly in Singapore (Singapore warranty only),
    firmware 02.01
    software Treo600-1.05.INT
    hardware B

I've just downloaded the upgrade, and tomorrow I'm shopping an MMC card to use for the upgrade process.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed all night hoping that this will fix the distortion problem so I won't have to send it to and from Singapore (I'm in Norway).

/Christopher
    Originally posted by elysian9
    I'm beginning to suspect it is fileZ. That "z" is just screamin' at me.
    I don't think it's related to either FileZ or ZLauncher... Remember that the zlib file is in ROM, not in RAM, so there's nothing you could install in RAM that can reflash the ROM and put something there... Well, until the siam reflasher, at least! And neither FileZ nor Zlauncher has ever been reported to modify the content of the ROM by putting some related files in there.

Just check the LightNZip package, you'll find a Zlib library included (name Zlib), which isn't just a coincidence, IMHO.

Unlike other PalmOS PDAs, the Treo 600 seems to have the Zlib and Mathlib libraries included in ROM instead of having to install them in RAM along with the applications that need them...
    Was lucky, got my T6 back on track(sweat, sweat)

Don't know what went wrong but will not try again for the moment.

As it hang I did a hard reset and my "old" version came back.

Everything seems back to normal only DocToGo is crashing but this is minor trouble.

Also had to delete the LauncherX Cache and Datalib because it crashed also.

I have the impression that it's this Zlib file. It's in ROM and read-only.

I don't have Zlauncher (use launcherX) nor FileZ (use McFile).

This weekend if I find courage, might try again.

Thanks for all your reactions.

Bye,

Ton
    wow, did you hard reset before the sync?
    Before re-installing my backup set, and only installing fileZ, I poked around the ROM files. zLib is not present at all. This means that it is not fileZ and it is not Handspring. Some other app is installing it to unlocked ROM.

One other somwhat irrelevant item I noticed is that the carkit.prc is now in ROM.

Another interesting (significant?) thing is this: In Prefs>network I now show a 4th category when my T-mobile SIM is inserted and radio is on. In the drop-down service menu, the last network selection (after TMO Internet, VPN and Zones) is "untitled." If you select this, you get the generic UI. The lock icon is closed, but if you tap it, it unlocks and you can access the advanced settings.

What I've got for the moment is a 600 with a fresh FW update and only fileZ installed, and nothing else.

I'll leave this as is for a short while, in case anybody has any questions about any "virgin" updated FW ROM files.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Before re-installing my backup set, and only installing fileZ, I poked around the ROM files. zLib is not present at all. This means that it is not fileZ and it is not Handspring. Some other app is installing it to unlocked ROM.
    What I suspect is that Zlib may not be present in all flavors of ROM: in the (French) Orange version of the Treo 600, there's an Orange-specific over-the-air backup program in the ROM, maybe it's that one who needs Zlib so they have bundled it in ROM as well.

The error message about Zlib (you did get one during the reflash, didn't you?) probably means that the updater either failed to locate the original Zlib in ROM (but I don't think it would matter that much) or that it wasn't able to install a "new" Zlib in ROM...

Whatever this means, obviously it's not there anymore, as your scan with FileZ confirms...

Update before posting:

I've just scanned my orange ROM dump with an hexa editor, and there's a NetFrontLib library in ROM (it's a big file, about 1.1Mb), and this file explicitely contains references to the Zlib library. Could anyone who has NOT YET applied the upgrade please check the presence of Zlib in the ROM? And could anyone havin performed the upgrade check if the browser is still working correctly (particularly anything that could involve a compression/decompression library: compressed images, compressed files, I don't know...)
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast