Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I was feeling adventerous this morning, so I also installed the update.

Before:
    Firmware: 2.01
    Software: Treo600-1.05-INT
    Hardware: B

After:
    Firmware: 2.08
    Software: Treo600-1.09-INT

SMS has also gone from 1.0 to 1.01, but I dunno what difference this makes...

Only thing I have noticed so far is that call (voice) quality seems better. Will update if/when I notice more improvements.

Also, quite nice how all my prefs, saved data, etc were restored back into the phone after a HotSync!
    You can get a copy here

Use it at your own risk and don't blame me if it renders your phone useless.
    In Italy a lot of TREO 600 have several problems if they use it as cell phone.
    Handspring Italy informed that a new version of the FW will be available after the 10th of Dec but they request to send them the phone because the updating could be a critical operation.
    I will send my phone soon and I hope that all the problems (lost of signal and impossibility to have it again, auto soft-reset after a call, freezing,etc.) will be solved.
    I hope because the cost of the TREO is about 890 EURO.
    I am only suprised about the fact the international official web site of Handspring report anything about.
    Please Handspring, consider your customers better than you did till now
    Originally posted by catania63
    Handspring Italy informed that a new version of the FW will be available after the 10th of Dec but they request to send them the phone because the updating could be a critical operation.
    I wonder how this could be an update harder than those of older Treos we already applied (I applied one for early 180s and another for GPRS).
    I hope they understand some of us are able to apply a patch, and I'm waiting them for publish the update on Handspring.it site too.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I just did it - and compared to the ordeals we went through with the original GRPS update this was simple!

So far the only thing that didn't "come back" after my hotsync was a specialized mail.prc that I had installed for SyncWise Enterprise. I'm assuming that the mail.prc on the updated phone is a newer date than the one I installed, so during sync it left the "Handspring" on there. On the Cingular version, it overwrote the Mail icon with a new icon - on this new update I now have two icons labeled "mail" - hmmm.

But it's working fine - connected to T-Mobile and GPRS with no difficulties, etc. Haven't had time to "test" anything much to see if voice/gprs is better, same, whatever.

Danita
    Has anyone tried the firmware update who has Sprint service and what was the result?
    Thanks!
    Hi,
    I made a translation of the installing instruction:

Instruction
    Attention: this upgrade will cancel all the data on TREO600.
    Before lunch the upgrade, you can make a synchronisation to back up all the data.

1) Important: TREO 600 MUST be connected to the Power supply till the end of the upgrade.
    2) Make an Hard reset pushing the "reset" button on the back of TRE600 with a clips while holding at the same time the "Power on" button for about two seconds.
    while still holding the poweron button, release the reset button, and the screen "Palm powered" will appear. Therefore release the power on button, and answer yes to the question " delete all data?"
    3) AT this time, through the synchronisation process, install the file "Siam INT Updater.prc" to the TREO 600.
    I suggest you to create a new user for the synchronisation (for example use the name "install") so that you copy to the TREO only the upgrade file
    4) At the end of the synchronisation process, run the Siam program just installed
    5) Select Accept on the first screen
    6) Select "OK" on the next screen "Device Customizer"
    7) wait that the process will end (about 10 min.)
    8) Your TREO 600 at this point will be completly resetted and will propose the choice of the language and the normal steps of initial installation (Pointer, date, time etc.)
    9) make again a synchronisation (with your original user) in order to reload all the original data
    Hi, there,

Have anyone tried to update the firmware?
    Can the firmware update unlock the phone?

Please share your experience with us.

Many thanks.
    Pedro
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by foxtrot
    3) AT this time, through the synchronisation process, install the file "Siam INT Updater.prc" to the TREO 600.
    I suggest you to create a new user for the synchronisation (for example use the name "install") so that you copy to the TREO only the upgrade file
    However, as Mol suggested, if you have an SC card, you can put the Siam updater on there, and run it from the card after the hard reset -

1) this is much faster than synching the almost 5meg PRC file over and

2) you don't have to mess with needing to try to sync only the PRC itself there.

Danita
    Firmware upgrade success report from Australia:

GSM Treo 600 purchased 28 Nov 2003 in Adelaide, Australia.

Was:

Firmware: 02.02
    Software: Treo600-1.06-INT

Now:

Firmware: 02.08
    Software: Treo600-1.09-INT

Phone wasn't locked before, so can't report on whether that changes with the update (I would expect not).

-- Rod
    Noticed much better voice quality using the phone.

Also, did some random checking of ROM file dates with fileZ. Noticed that Phone.prc was updated December 10 as were the regional phone files. Blazer also had a 12/10 date. Other built-ins had 12/9. Boot files were June.
    To: jskier and elysian9,

You guys mentioned that the updated firmware improved phone voice quality.

Could you please be a bit more specific and explain what aspect of voice quality has improved.

Also, did you guys have any specific problems with voice quality before the update?

I'm very curious because my Treo 600 voice quality, both speaking and hearing, is excellent.

Having said that, I've tried 2 other units before where the voice quality wasn't as good, specifically, there was a buzz/hum heard by the other person while on a call, best described as a low sounding hum due to radio interference (like when mobile phone placed next to a radio/stereo and a hum is heard through stereo speakers, if you know what i mean).

Thanks.
    update is installed, its a little late to call anyone at this time though. I called an automated number and it sounded a bit clearer and louder than it has before
    Originally posted by cywong
    To: jskier and elysian9,

You guys mentioned that the updated firmware improved phone voice quality.

Could you please be a bit more specific and explain what aspect of voice quality has improved.

Also, did you guys have any specific problems with voice quality before the update?
    No major problems before FW upgade, like buzzing, or screeching, just slight lack of clarity, a bit of distortion, and suppressed audio high-frequency response, when compared to the Treo 270, which, IMO, had excellent radio audio quality. After FW upgrade, these issues seem much improved, though haven't tested it extensively.
    i hope the update that allows .amr comes soon
    Originally posted by Danitaz

However, as Mol suggested, if you have an SC card, you can put the Siam updater on there, and run it from the card after the hard reset -

1) this is much faster than synching the almost 5meg PRC file over and

2) you don't have to mess with needing to try to sync only the PRC itself there.

Danita
    Hi Danitaz,

I am new, can you tell me how to run the .prc from the card?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Are there any issues if the phone is not connected to the charger during the update?
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    I'm temptin installetion of new firmware, hoping resolving my problem with Pdanet connection......
    I'm italian, can someone tell me an italian newsgroup to wich i can sign me?
    Thanks
    anyone tried this for Orange in the UK?
    I have intention to install new firmware, hoping solve my problem you know well with Pdanet....
    Inthe instruction translated in italian language it is wrote that the treo must have connected with alimentation during all process, and that SD users have to download firmware on the sim...
    I'm in office with my treo at 100% of buttery, but haven't "buttery recharger", and also i have a MMC card but don't know how download something on it and how create the folder instruction tell.

In your opinion:
    can i do installetion using only buttery charge and keeping away the MMC card (in order to put it after firmware installetion)?
    THANKs for all Mol
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast