Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    DHC! I found a way to do what you want . . . .

download TakePhone . . http://www.shsh.com/

Takephone is a dialler which has its own view of the inbuilt speed-dials (Takephone is very good and you might even want to keep / buy it) . . . for some reason it manages to let you edit the one you cant remove! You cant delete it in TakePhone but you can rename it to something meaningless like abcdefg with a meaningless number 12345 . . . . return to your inbuilt Speed-Dials and you will now find you can delete the new meaningless entry . . . . . the result is a clean slate.
    Well done duckznutz it worked fine. However, still has mail icon contained within button 1 . Anyone can help to remove this? please
    Geoff
  3. dhc
    Thanks duckznutz, I'm sure that's an excellent way of fixing the problem.

I found an alternative on the TreoCentral forums. Use FileZ I edited the phone number in PhoneFavoritesDB.pdb. So now I can hold down the 1 key to access my voicemail, I can click on the voicemail alert envelope taking me straight to voicemail - and so on.

For more on this see: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t45853/s.html
    Thank you guys for your help.

I'm about to use you advices to upgrade my Treo (orange France). I wish that using this firmware, I would have a better screen display: I'm talking about the right hand side column of the screen that isn't used by the OS' display.. remaining black.(I'm not the only one to complain about it since I met someone who got the same pb)..

Do you guys know if it solves this issue ?

Thanks again.
    Originally posted by lamp600
    I'm talking about the right hand side column of the screen that isn't used by the OS' display.. remaining black.(I'm not the only one to complain about it since I met someone who got the same pb)..
    The reason is that the screen isn't physically centered on the Treo 600 (all of them, by the way), because the backlight source is located on the right hand side of the screen, and it need some space to fit in there...

So there's nothing here that a software patch could correct...
    I can confirm what euroclie wrote. The display is physical to small for Treos Window.

That was also mentionned in a PC-magazin ones in the beginning over here....
    Editor's Note: According to my sources at PalmOne, performing this firmware update on Treo phones not sold by the intended carrier is not recommended and will void your warranty. The firmware update was produced with a specific carrier in mind, so installing the firmware may cause severe data loss on your Treo. Until an update for your carrier is available, please refrain from installing it.
    Originally posted by marcus
    Editor's Note: According to my sources at PalmOne, performing this firmware update on Treo phones not sold by the intended carrier is not recommended and will void your warranty. The firmware update was produced with a specific carrier in mind, so installing the firmware may cause severe data loss on your Treo. Until an update for your carrier is available, please refrain from installing it.
    Thanks for passing that on, but it is very unlikely that there would be any carrier specific problems. The relevant ROM files are either "CROW," which is the international version of the files and are non-carrier (and unlocked) specific, or generic. there are no CING files for example. Probably they do not want this used, mainly because it unlocks any GSM Treo 600, turns it into an international device, makes it a carrier non-specific device, and thus breaches all of Handspring's agreements with Orange, Cingular, ATT, etc.; and I suppose T-Mobile, if that nasty beast ever gets real. Warranty, on the other hand... now there they've got us.
    I have just returned my faulty Orange treo600 WITH firmware update 2.09

It WAS replaced and the warranty WAS honoured.

-----------

Just some background. That was my 4th Treo600 that came with a transmission buzz from a local orange store.

I would hope PalmOne would back reasonable actions by the user to correct Treo600 problems!!!

... particularly when the Treo600 replacements dont work either!!!
    Originally posted by elysian9

Thanks for passing that on, but it is very unlikely that there would be any carrier specific problems. The relevant ROM files are either "CROW," which is the international version of the files and are non-carrier (and unlocked) specific, or generic. there are no CING files for example. Probably they do not want this used, mainly because it unlocks any GSM Treo 600, turns it into an international device, makes it a carrier non-specific device, and thus breaches all of Handspring's agreements with Orange, Cingular, ATT, etc.; and I suppose T-Mobile, if that nasty beast ever gets real. Warranty, on the other hand... now there they've got us.
    If only it would indeed unlock any GSM Treo 600...
    Originally posted by Mol

If only it would indeed unlock any GSM Treo 600...
    I gather that I am wrong about that. I thought Orange users were reporting that that 2.08(9) removed all Orange-specific SW and that it unlocked the device for use on other carriers. Guess I got that wrong.

I gather that I am wrong about that. I thought Orange users were reporting that that 2.08(9) removed all Orange-specific SW and that it unlocked the device for use on other carriers. Guess I got that wrong.
    It removes the Orange software but it doesn't unlock the phones. On the contrary, it even locks the phones that were unlocked and you have to enter the unlock code after applying the firmware.

You didn't think we were only having a good time over in the Unlocking thread? Mind you, we ARE having a good time there but the goal is still to patch the firmware so that it does unlock.
    Originally posted by Mol

It removes the Orange software but it doesn't unlock the phones. On the contrary, it even locks the phones that were unlocked and you have to enter the unlock code after applying the firmware.

You didn't think we were only having a good time over in the Unlocking thread? Mind you, we ARE having a good time there but the goal is still to patch the firmware so that it does unlock.
    Ok. And it has kept my unlocked Treo 600 unlocked.

Ok. And it has kept my unlocked Treo 600 unlocked.
    I know the Cingular phones are unlocked by default and they remain unlocked after the update. But I thought you had an Orange CH?
    Originally posted by Mol

I know the Cingular phones are unlocked by default and they remain unlocked after the update. But I thought you had an Orange CH?
    No, actually I'm using two (but might have to sell one): one Cingular, and one GSM International from Indonesia. After the FW upgrades, they are identical, anything Cingular totally wiped.

No, actually I'm using two (but might have to sell one): one Cingular, and one GSM International from Indonesia. After the FW upgrades, they are identical, anything Cingular totally wiped.
    And the GSM International was unlocked when you received it?

perhaps more importantly: where in indonesia (i.e. is GSM Int'l the carrier?) did you buy that unlocked phone?

i also saw that you mentioned you are looking to sell one of them perhaps: as a voda uk user trying to obtain an unlocked phone for use on voda, i'd be interested in purchasing this if you're serious.

thanks.
    You can by an unlocked GSM T600 in Italy for sure: 899
    Ciao

Ettore
    Originally posted by Mol

And the GSM International was unlocked when you received it?
    Yes, unlocked and unbranded.
    elysian:

where in indonesia did you buy that unlocked 600? what mobile carrier or store?

thanks.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast