Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi HD,

Thanks for the tips! Having already paid the 5% Maryland state sales tax, it would be great if I could avoid the GST & brokerage fees.

Thanks again for your help,

Marc
    Originally posted by Datanut
    Hi HD,

Thanks for the tips! Having already paid the 5% Maryland state sales tax, it would be great if I could avoid the GST & brokerage fees.

Thanks again for your help,

Marc
    i then would suggest to use FedEx. Make sure your friend includes an invoice for the phone.
  3.    #23  
    Phone finally made it in to Montreal no thanks to ****ty Canada Post which decided to pass it on to Purolator which waited two weeks to notify me that they had it at their pickup center.

Everything works fine except for the internet, does anyone know how to configure it for Rogers AT&T?

Alex
    Originally posted by AlexMagoo
    Phone finally made it in to Montreal no thanks to ****ty Canada Post which decided to pass it on to Purolator which waited two weeks to notify me that they had it at their pickup center.

Everything works fine except for the internet, does anyone know how to configure it for Rogers AT&T?

Alex
    In order to get the internet to work,you need a data plan from Rogers. Call them and tell them you want to have your GPRS working. They have many different plans. I am on the 8MB plan for $40.00.
  5.    #25  
    Hi,

On my cheapy phone that came with Rogers, I could use the internet without a package, they just billed me per kilobyte use. Shouldn't I be able to do the same here?
    Originally posted by AlexMagoo
    Hi,

On my cheapy phone that came with Rogers, I could use the internet without a package, they just billed me per kilobyte use. Shouldn't I be able to do the same here?
    it does not work the same way with the smartphones. You need a GPRS data plan.
    Hi guys,

I finally received my Treo too! Yippee! (Thanks again, HD, for the FedEx tip).

I'm on Fido here in Vancouver because they have a voice plan which allows unlimited local calls for $40/month and you can transfer your land line number to your cell phone.

FYI, Fido's pay-as-you-go for data also works fine on my Treo without having to purchase a data plan. It's not cheap though, $0.03 per K. If you want to use your Treo like a Blackberry, they have a $50/month plan which allow unlimited data transfers.

HTH,
    Marc
    Hey, i noticed that you got the treo through the promotional offer, would you be able to help me with it? I am desperate. I used to use a NOKIA Communicator 9290 and just recently jumped off the GSM network. they suck, rogers and Microcell. Im with Telus and they are great. would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Nike
    I think the only carrier selling CDMA is Sprint. They are not like GSM where you can switch SIM cards and be on another network. You might be able to get it to work on Telus, but I would ask on the CDMA forum. Maybe you could buy a Sprint CDMA phone with a Sprint plan and roam on Telus, but I don't think that would be worth it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12