1.    #1  
    Just had my first bill from Orange for Treo600. When I took out
    contract I was told that the internet under the "Openaccess" package was free for first month. Not so, the Openaccess package only covers WAP sites not the general internet or pop3 mail.

They have just introduced a new deal called "Openworld" this gives first month of GPRS free (GPRS=regular internet email etc) and then for 4 per month you get 3MB of data, 20picture messages and 10 SMS messages. Otherwise its 3 per MB.

The nice man at Orange scrubbed the first months GPRS charges saying lots of customers are 'confused'.
    Originally posted by geofones
    The nice man at Orange scrubbed the first months GPRS charges saying lots of customers are 'confused'.
    Hmm. I think the nice men at Orange are confused as well.

When I first called Orange after receiving the phone, the person who answered told me that I wasn't on the free WAP plan where you get the first three months free.

I said I'd signed up for GPRS internet access and that I thought the phone didn't do WAP.

He insisted that it did and I should have the WAP package.

I'm curious as to what will show up on my first bill.

I just got my first bill and, as far as I can tell, you CAN access POP3 and the general internet as part of the OpenAccess WAP package as long as you use the WAP GPRS logon. It seems that once you do that the Orange network doesn't actually take any notice of what activity happens over the link.

For info the Wap GPRS logon uses the same settings as the standard GPRS except that the access point name (APN) should be 'orangewap' rather than 'orangeinternet'
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
  4.    #4  
    I don't get the WAP option.
    In network/Service I can only choose between OrangeInternet and orangeMMS.
    Are you saying MMS is WAP? Under connection I can only get GPRS irrespective of which service chosen.
    Originally posted by geofones
    I don't get the WAP option.
    In network/Service I can only choose between OrangeInternet and orangeMMS.
    Are you saying MMS is WAP? Under connection I can only get GPRS irrespective of which service chosen.
    No, you have to configure it yourself (I read the details on here somewhere else a while back). Just copy the orangeinternet settings (MENU L to duplicate the whole page) but change the APN name to 'orangewap'. and set a suitable service name (which is simply for your info)
    just got my 1st orange bill, used 2.5mb ovr gprs limit and was charged 6.50. I went in to orange shop and they've changed me from 2mb costing 4 pm to 7mb costing 8pm, ie more than 3 times as much mb for double the cost. There are new rates seemingly for gprs package.
    Originally posted by murrayalex
    just got my 1st orange bill, used 2.5mb ovr gprs limit and was charged 6.50. I went in to orange shop and they've changed me from 2mb costing 4 pm to 7mb costing 8pm, ie more than 3 times as much mb for double the cost. There are new rates seemingly for gprs package.
    As far as I can tell if you use the orangewap APN for GPRS (see earlier messages in this thread) you can take advantage of the 3 months free Open Access offer, which has a 'fair use' limit of 10Mb per month of data.