1.    #1  
    Got my GSM Pre 3 this morning. Love it. However, I'm struggling to set up the MMS settings correctly.

I used the iPhone APN settings for my data. I can get GPRS, Edge and (I presume) 3G just fine.

When I tried to use the iPhone MMS settings they wont work. The phone tells me they are invalid.

A call to O2 Customer Service was a total waste of time. The CSR insisted that I was using a Palm Pixi (!) and told me he can't provide me with the correct settings. Which I find really weird.

Does anyone here have a Pre 3 on O2-UK? Have you got MMS working? Can you help?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Got my GSM Pre 3 this morning. Love it. However, I'm struggling to set up the MMS settings correctly.

I used the iPhone APN settings for my data. I can get GPRS, Edge and (I presume) 3G just fine.

When I tried to use the iPhone MMS settings they wont work. The phone tells me they are invalid.

A call to O2 Customer Service was a total waste of time. The CSR insisted that I was using a Palm Pixi (!) and told me he can't provide me with the correct settings. Which I find really weird.

Does anyone here have a Pre 3 on O2-UK? Have you got MMS working? Can you help?
    Hi billyboy,
    I've had similar problem back then when I bought Pre3 (UK Unlocked GSM).
    I'm using Orange (Poland) SIM Card.

I've used iPhone settings as well & that worked for me despite Pre3 was suggest that settings are incorrect.
    Saved it anyway, Device Restart, Turn Data On -> sending, receive MMS works like a charm.

Try to override (save despite 'wrong settings warning') this settings.

Regards,
    -pretoo-
    Pre3 (UK, QWERTY, Unlocked)
    webOS 2.2.4 (Build 3175), with UberKernel
    UK App Catalog via Impostah
    Orange [PL]
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pretoo View Post
    Hi billyboy,
    I've had similar problem back then when I bought Pre3 (UK Unlocked GSM).
    I'm using Orange (Poland) SIM Card.

I've used iPhone settings as well & that worked for me despite Pre3 was suggest that settings are incorrect.
    Saved it anyway, Device Restart, Turn Data On -> sending, receive MMS works like a charm.

Try to override (save despite 'wrong settings warning') this settings.

Regards,
    -pretoo-
    OK I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Well that seems to have worked. Thanks pretoo, you're a genius :-)
    Last edited by billyboy; 03/01/2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Typo