Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Curious what operator you are using and if Mobile Hotspot is working.

Doesnt seem to work with Telia even though they allow Internett sharing (tethering).
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I'm on Telenor and mobile hotspot is not working. Haven't tried freeTether though.

Undrar hur många svenskar som använder webOS?
    I'm using Tele2 but since I don't pay for "surf" I haven't tried mobile hotspot yet. The rest of the functionality seems to work though.

Åtminstone 3 är vi iaf. :-)
    I can't get mobile hotspot to work on Tele2. It works fine with an O2 sim card in the UK.
    I used to use MyTether on my old Pre and that worked fine on Tele2. But I don't think its available for the Pre3.
    Make us 4 than =)

edit: just tried freeTether and it works on Tele2. Can't make it an encrypted WiFi network thou...
    edit2: managed to get encryption to work as well
    Last edited by SAAB340; 03/14/2012 at 01:38 PM.
    Hi, I use my PRE3 with Telia and haven't got the hotspot to work - well they get connected but not able to use it. Recently my PRE3 started to reload once I have DataUsage in "on". Maybe Telia is causing it?

/Dennis
    In case you have a Google account you might want to install the patch floating around the forum. Myself and other people had seemingly unrelated issues but were due to Google's API changes that require a patch to fix.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    Hi, I use my PRE3 with Telia and haven't got the hotspot to work - well they get connected but not able to use it. Recently my PRE3 started to reload once I have DataUsage in "on". Maybe Telia is causing it?

/Dennis
    So has your Pre3 started to reboot often when you have datausage set to on but doesn't reboot when you have it off?

On my visit to Sweden last week I thought my Pre3 finally had to be replaced as it started rebooting several times a day after I popped my Tele2 sim in it. Hardly convenient as I most of the time found it in my pocket asking for me to input PIN and therefore didn't receive calls or texts. After I put my UK sim back in it the reboots stopped. Both in Sweden and in UK. I do use data in UK but I don't do data roaming with my UK sim in Sweden.

Pretty sure my phone also rebooted when I only had GPRS coverage and Telia and Tele2 should be completely separate networks than. .Sounds like the Swedish networks are bullying our beloved Pre3 =(

I have used my Pre3 without issues in Sweden with data for years before.
    Hi Herrie,

No, I don't use Google Mail (only Google Maps) but do have a Google+ account tied to my mobile number. Could that be related?

//Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    In case you have a Google account you might want to install the patch floating around the forum. Myself and other people had seemingly unrelated issues but were due to Google's API changes that require a patch to fix.

Hi Herrie,

No, I don't use Google Mail (only Google Maps) but do have a Google+ account tied to my mobile number. Could that be related?

//Dennis
    No then it should be fine I'd say, but you can install the patch anyway. If it won't solve anything it won't break anything either :-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Hi,

It's exactly as you describe it! And the reboot stops if I set the "Data Usage" to off. Sad to hear that you have the same experience with Tele2, since I have a SIM of them also. Could it be 4G that causing iy?

Regards
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by SAAB340 View Post
    So has your Pre3 started to reboot often when you have datausage set to on but doesn't reboot when you have it off?

On my visit to Sweden last week I thought my Pre3 finally had to be replaced as it started rebooting several times a day after I popped my Tele2 sim in it. Hardly convenient as I most of the time found it in my pocket asking for me to input PIN and therefore didn't receive calls or texts. After I put my UK sim back in it the reboots stopped. Both in Sweden and in UK. I do use data in UK but I don't do data roaming with my UK sim in Sweden.

Pretty sure my phone also rebooted when I only had GPRS coverage and Telia and Tele2 should be completely separate networks than. .Sounds like the Swedish networks are bullying our beloved Pre3 =(

I have used my Pre3 without issues in Sweden with data for years before.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    Hi,

It's exactly as you describe it! And the reboot stops if I set the "Data Usage" to off. Sad to hear that you have the same experience with Tele2, since I have a SIM of them also. Could it be 4G that causing iy?

Regards
    Dennis
    Actually it could be. You might have better luck with another version of webOS. You could try 2.2.0, 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 to see if there's any difference. Forcing data to 3G or 2G might work as well, I read this somewhere here in the forum. I believe AU users on Telstra had similar issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Actually it could be. You might have better luck with another version of webOS. You could try 2.2.0, 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 to see if there's any difference. Forcing data to 3G or 2G might work as well, I read this somewhere here in the forum. I believe AU users on Telstra had similar issues.
    Hi Herrie,

I tried to forcing to 3G = same rebooting, and then to 2G = no rebooting!
    So it seems to me that the 3G code in PRE3 doesn't cope with modern 3G, right?
    Is there anyone out here that can come up with a solution/fix?

//Dennis