Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Devices associated with the following countries cannot use App Catalog to purchase applications, but they can download free applications:
    I'm based in Brazil and created my profile with a Brazilian SIM card (on the Brazilian TIM network). Fyi, I have access to the free apps, but not the paid ones.
    Palm Pre 2, Treo 680, Treo 650, Treo 600, Palm Pilot.
    Can anybody explain the reasoning behind this? I think it's very poor behaviour.
    Brain-deadness is the only thing that explains these restrictions.

I'm selling my Pre2, tired of having lame options when iPhone and Android offer much more choice.

Bye-bye Palm, we had fun for 15 years.
    Palm Pre 2, Treo 680, Treo 650, Treo 600, Palm Pilot.
    I was reading this thread on my Veer, so please forgive me if this has been covered already (reading it all on a small screen is not easy).

Anyway, how do the geo restrictions actually work on a device without phone provider, such as the WiFi Touchpad? Will they also be locked to the area where they are first switched on? If I buy a Touchpad from Germany, can I create a new German profile and then use that profile in other parts of the world?
    Just so you know, I'm in Honduras (non supported country)... (do you even know where Honduras is, honestly!) and I CAN SEE PAID AND FREE APPS and YES I CAN PURCHASE APPS (though some of them will not work on my region/carrier). How I did it:
    1.- Purchased a Touchpad.
    2.- Made a Palm Profile on my new hard earned/bought Touchpad.
    3.- Inserted a friend US credit card info.
    4.- Made a "Full Erase" on my Preł and entered my Touchpad new account.
    5.- Voila! Paid apps available!

IIIIII DDDIIIDDD IIITTT MMMYYYYYY WWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVES/WILL LIVE WEBOS!!!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Just so you know, I'm in Honduras (non supported country)... (do you even know where Honduras is, honestly!) and I CAN SEE PAID AND FREE APPS and YES I CAN PURCHASE APPS (though some of them will not work on my region/carrier). How I did it:
    1.- Purchased a Touchpad.
    2.- Made a Palm Profile on my new hard earned/bought Touchpad.
    3.- Inserted a friend US credit card info.
    4.- Made a "Full Erase" on my Preł and entered my Touchpad new account.
    5.- Voila! Paid apps available!

IIIIII DDDIIIDDD IIITTT MMMYYYYYY WWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVES/WILL LIVE WEBOS!!!
    On the TouchPad, you can select your app catalog country once. This is true no matter what country you are in. As long as you have a credit card for the desired country, there is no issue for the TouchPad as there was for the phones.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123