Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I found in webOS Doctor 2.0.0 to Pre 2 from our friends of SFR organized by webos internals Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals a new application. The expected "SIM Toolkit" that will allow us to access to SIM menu that each carrier has programmed in our SIM, like other phones permit to do.
    I am a Spanish user from Movistar with a special DUAL SIM that allows me to have 2 different phone numbers with different plans in one unique SIM. But I need the access to SIM Toolkit to change between numbers. For now I have to reset my Pre for changing (2 or 3 minutes) and I hope that with 2.0 I will wait only seconds. I am very happy that HPalm listen to GSM European users.
    This application is in \resources\wr.tar and is called com.palm.app.stk_1.0-60_armv7.ipk. I attached the icon of the application.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    wow that's good .. That means GSM users can also access the *xxx# service and USSD service
    did you tried to install the app in 1.4.5 webos? Dose it work or needs webos 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    I found in webOS Doctor 2.0.0 to Pre 2 from our friends of SFR organized by webos internals Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals a new application. The expected "SIM Toolkit" that will allow us to access to SIM menu that each carrier has programmed in our SIM, like other phones permit to do.
    I am a Spanish user from Movistar with a special DUAL SIM that allows me to have 2 different phone numbers with different plans in one unique SIM. But I need the access to SIM Toolkit to change between numbers. For now I have to reset my Pre for changing (2 or 3 minutes) and I hope that with 2.0 I will wait only seconds. I am very happy that HPalm listen to GSM European users.
    This application is in \resources\wr.tar and is called com.palm.app.stk_1.0-60_armv7.ipk. I attached the icon of the application.
    i knew i saw it...

thanks for showing me im not crazy!!!
  4.    #4  
    Thank you too sketch42. You have made me to keep trying.

For amjz: Yes. I installed com.palm.app.stk_1.0-60_armv7.ipk with Internalz (eternal thanks to Jason) in my 1.4.5 Pre. It install flawless and now I have a nice application but when I try to run it (after a reset) always appear the same message "Phone must be on for at least 30 seconds to access this menu." (in Spanish of course). I suspect that this application needs something of webOs 2.0 framework and don't work in 1.4.5.
    And about possibilities of this SIM Application Toolkit manager I include the content of strings.json
    Code:
    {
    	"Are you sure you want to set the screenbusy flag?": "¿Estás seguro de que quieres establecer la etiqueta de pantalla ocupada?",
    	"Are you sure you want to unset the screenbusy flag?": "¿Estás seguro de que quieres borrar la etiqueta de pantalla ocupada?",
    	"Back to Main Menu": "Regresar al menú principal",
    	"Cancel": "Cancelar",
    	"Carrier Services": "Servicios móviles",
    	"Carrier network returned failure": "La red de la empresa telefónica indicó falla",
    	"Command timeout": "Interrupción de comando",
    	"Contacts": "Contactos",
    	"Dial": "Marcar",
    	"Done!": "Listo",
    	"English": "Inglés",
    	"Enter Input": "Introducir entrada",
    	"Enter Number": "Introducir número",
    	"Error!": "Error",
    	"Error! Abort from here.": "Error. Abortar desde aquí.",
    	"French": "Francés",
    	"German": "Alemán",
    	"Idle Mode": "Modo de inactividad",
    	"Italian": "Italiano",
    	"Launch Browser": "Iniciar navegador",
    	"Open Browser": "Abrir navegador",
    	"Phone must be on for at least 30 seconds to access this menu.": "El teléfono debe estar encendido por lo menos 30 segundos para poder acceder a este menú.",
    	"Play Tone": "Reproducir tono",
    	"Reject": "Rechazar",
    	"SIM Notification": "Notificación SIM",
    	"SIM Services": "Servicios SIM",
    	"SIM Services\n": "Servicios SIM\n",
    	"Screen Busy": "Pantalla ocupada",
    	"Screen Busy Setting": "Configuración de pantalla ocupada",
    	"Show Idle Screen": "Mostrar pantalla inactiva",
    	"Spanish": "Español",
    	"The command cannot be executed when there is no service": "El comando no se puede ejecutar cuando no hay servicio",
    	"The number of remaining characters that can be entered before the maximum message limit of 182 characters is reached:": "Cantidad de caracteres que aún se pueden escribir antes de llegar al límite máximo de 182 caracteres por mensaje:",
    	"This command cannot be executed when the radio is OFF": "Este comando no se puede ejecutar cuando el radio está apagado",
    	"This command is not allowed in the current state of the telephony or the radio": "Este comando no se permite en el estado actual de telefonía o radio",
    	"This device doesn't support #{language}": "Este dispositivo no admite #{language}",
    	"This device doesn't support the language that the SIM requested": "Este dispositivo no admite el idioma solicitado por la tarjeta SIM",
    	"USSD Services": "Servicios USSD",
    	"USSD Services\n": "Servicios USSD\n",
    	"User Activity": "Actividad del usuario",
    	"Would you like to open the browser?": "¿Quieres abrir el navegador?",
    	"YES": "SÍ"
    }
    hi,

on my SFR pre 2, I have tested this app. Nothing really interesting on this carrier just saving contacts to SFR servers for 0.5€ and a bunch of useless features...

may be better for other carrier
    so could there be finally a posibillity to display the "homezone" icon of O2 germany. This feature is known to be read over SIM Toolkit. Any german volounteer, capable of digging into it?
    Is anyone having success with running this application on webOS 1.4.5?
    Please could you post the app Sim Tolkit?
    Thanks
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Is anyone having success with running this application on webOS 1.4.5?
    I don't know if anyone has try to install and run it. I post it too in a Spanish webos forums and seems that none try. In my case it runs but dosen't work, but you can try following the instructions in first post of thread.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by S@lwos View Post
    Thanks
    As I first post in thread the app is inside of webosdoctor 2.0. In this post are instructions to find, decompress and install it.

Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    Quote Originally Posted by S@lwos View Post
    Thanks
    Since you seem to be new here ;-)
    It's not allowed to post palm software or other copyrighted thinks here.
    This is no warez site.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Since you seem to be new here ;-)
    It's not allowed to post palm software or other copyrighted thinks here.
    This is no warez site.
    That person doesn't care. That's the person who is distributing the illegal copy of the 2.0 webOS doctor and putting videos on YouTube (check P|C's home page from a few days ago).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I installed the SIM Toolkit application, but appears the same message "phone must be on at least 30 seconds"....
    SIM Toolkit app for WebOS 2.0 is depend on packages that not present in 1.4.5, or is in older version in 1.4.5. Not way to install this new packages too, because is depend on another never 2.0 package... ant this package is depend on... yes, over and over
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    SIM Toolkit app for WebOS 2.0 is depend on packages that not present in 1.4.5, or is in older version in 1.4.5. Not way to install this new packages too, because is depend on another never 2.0 package... ant this package is depend on... yes, over and over
    well... i seems we have to wait for webOS 2.o for Palm PRE! :P
    SIM Toolkit app displays abracadabra instead Cyrillic symbols. Any solution to display the SIM menu in normal encoding? Thanks

p.s. US Pre 2, webOS 2.0.1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1 on AT&T here. When I open the SIM Toolkit this message is displayed:

Unable to retrieve the SIM Services menu. Either there are no SIM Services provided by your mobile operator, or there was an error when talking to your SIM.
    Does anyone know if this is normal for a Pre 2 on AT&T?
    I get the same thing on my AT&T Pre+ running 2.1
    Same here pre2 2.0.1

can someone please tell me how to stop this sim services. each time I hang up a call it comes up. Only happens with Vodafone sims though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast