Begs the question if that statement is only valid for business customers or in general...
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    Begs the question if that statement is only valid for business customers or in general...
    Well generally, I've found that o2 will let business customers have any phone they want on the network but not the other way. So if they are saying that it's not going to be available to business customers, I'm guessing it's not going to be available at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Well generally, I've found that o2 will let business customers have any phone they want on the network but not the other way. So if they are saying that it's not going to be available to business customers, I'm guessing it's not going to be available at all.
    You may be right.

On the other hand O2 Germany (at least) has sold the phones mostly unlocked and separately from the SIM card (the first 10 months or so I didn't have a SIM card from O2 although I bought the Pre there).

Means: I don't care that much if O2 Germany will sell the Pre2 in Germany as long as HP/Palm will sell an unlocked version (as O2 did before) through any official channel. I'm quite confident that the phone will be available here, be it by O2 or some other distribution channel. As long as it's unbundled and unbranded I don't really care who sells it.
  4.    #5  
    It seems the deep fall of the Pre 2 in germany was due to the end of T-Mobiles exclusive iphone contract.

iPhone4
    http://www.vodafone.de/iPhone

HP seems to have no good offer to make them against the iphone. Even if O2 says it should not be interpreted as victim of the iphone but with a big smiley:
    Twitter / o2business: @Robopaul Das Palm Pre2 wi ...
    http://twitter.com/Robopaul/status/27920493305