1.    #1  
    For most of us the first twelve months of Pre ownership will be coming to an end shortly.

As an O2 Business customer on a 24 month contract I have a handset upgrade option from my 12 month anniversary date. I've rung O2 business customer support to find out my options, here is what I've learnt.

From October I will change from the unlimited data plan to 500mb per month, irrespective of any upgrades I might want to do, I think everyone is being changed over in October.

I can upgrade in October, which will mean my contract still ends in October 2011.

Or I can upgrade at any time in the next 12 months, in which case my contract extends to the end of a further 12 months. IE if I upgrade in Jan 2011 it will extend to Jan 2012, or 3 months beyond the current end date.

At the moment they are quoting me around 50 to upgrade to a Pre Plus.

I guess at the moment I'll wait and see what might develop on the Pre2 news front over the next month, and then have to decide if it's worth waiting for a Pre2, or go for a Pre Plus and the be stuck with it for 12 months.

What are others thinking about doing ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Due to O2's patchy 3G service and the Pre's appalling battery life as a result. I am going to run out my contract and get an Android phone on another network.
    Good call. Everything except the Android part, that'll soon get old. Wait for a WP7 handset, they're launching on all major networks October 21st.
  4.    #4  
    Looks like O2 will be forcing my hand webOS wise.

Having pulled the Pre Plus, they are either dropping it or getting ready for a launch of the new Pre very soon. Hope it's the later as I'd be happy with that for now, c/w webOS 2.0
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway