1.    #1  
    Because it's still 'exclusive', apparently. If it were a Nokia or BB, they'd quite happily hand out an unlock code but they say they simply 'don't have them'. Palm UK reckon that's cobblers - they have the unlock codes but they need O2's authority. And so it goes round.

Anyone managed to get o2 to unlock a Pre? They'll quite happily unlock an iPhone...
    Don't know about the not having the codes to unlock but they are correct in that they won't unlock the phone for you due to the exclusivity deal they have struck with Palm. I imagine the only possible way of getting them to unlock the phone would be if you were to cancel the contract and pay off what was left of it. If the phone wasn't registered with O2 in the first place then they will flat out refuse to unlock it regardless.

As for the iPhone that's not exclusive to O2, although I believe that they're not allowed to unlock the iPhone4 yet despite it being on most of the networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
    Because it's still 'exclusive', apparently. If it were a Nokia or BB, they'd quite happily hand out an unlock code but they say they simply 'don't have them'. Palm UK reckon that's cobblers - they have the unlock codes but they need O2's authority. And so it goes round.

Anyone managed to get o2 to unlock a Pre? They'll quite happily unlock an iPhone...
    Hi, I just unlocked my Pixi via nexgenserver dot com.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Do you know is it possible to get unlock code from O2 if buying Pay as Go phone (Pixi Plus)? I have a contract with Three and I want to use their SIM card with Pixi Plus