1. v3
    Hi All, I have had my Pre for a few months now and overall its working great. However in the last few weeks I have had reports of people calling me and being pushed to answerphone. At first it was just my wife so I didnt bother too much but today a couple of times it was a work related call and thats a much bigger issue.

I was sitting by the phone at the time of todays call and the signal shown on the screen was 3bars, still is. The first time it happened i rebooted the phone incase that fixed it then the guy tried again and it still did the same (even leaving the dialer app open). A text message from him then arrived fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? As there is no error I am thinking my only real option is to wipe the phone to factory settings and start again. (Recommendations on how best to do that also useful)

Thoughts/opinions welcomed.

Thanks
    I have had this a few times. People trying to call and being put through to answerphone even though I have been by the phone and with good reception.

As far as I can tell it is an 02 network problem and not your phone. It does seem rather random though.
  3. v3
    That would be a nightmare if it was a network issue like that. Anyone else on other networks have this problem?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I have exactly the same issue and as far as I am aware it is a network issue - seems to happen most when I am either at work or somewhere else in central London; never happens when I am at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    I have had this a few times. People trying to call and being put through to answerphone even though I have been by the phone and with good reception.

As far as I can tell it is an 02 network problem and not your phone. It does seem rather random though.
    Ditto.

Also, some times when I'm using the answer phone, pressing 1,2 or 3 has no effect in replay/save/delete of the message I'm listening to. Random once again. Anyone else get this problem ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    <<Thread Moved and Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7. v3
    So, i guess the next question is... has anyone spoken to O2 about this? It has to be some sort of phone compatibility issue as it never happened on my old handset and my wife sits feet away with her LG BL40 and her old Viewty and neither of those has the same problem.
  8. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Oh yes, I've most definitely had this problem - continually since I switched to O2 for the Pre. See http://m.forums.precentral.net/world...o-sick-o2.html

I've spoken to O2 several times and they are in constant denial. They'll tell you to reboot your device, erase your device, blame your SIM card and even replace the phone. Basically anything other that admit its a network problem.