1.    #1  
    hey all, can anyone please help me and let me know how to unlock my palm pre o2 mobile phone....

thanks...
    ...might be something in here.... http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ed-my-pre.html

<<Thread Moved>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/07/2010 at 03:31 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    thanks ryleyinstl, but its a huge thread of arguments, with 30 plus pages, it would be really helpful if someone can put the direct solution for unlocking o2 palm pre phone.

thanks again..
    Ye laying off the bold would also be nice.
    ...the last guy who I suggested do that bit my head off.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    O2 UK? I just unlocked mine. Don't use nextgenserver. It doesn't work, and their customer service is apalling. I ordered their 2 weeks ago and still am getting the run around.
    I successfully unlocked mine with software from an Ebay store called Berrycodes. I'd post the link, but I'm new here and aren't allowed to post links yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    LOL - literally thousands of users have unlocked successfully using JIC Unlock by NextGenServer, so draw conclusions dude

NextGenServer is BY FAR the cheapest solution (7 EURO) for anyone who can read and follow instructions.
    I did draw that conclusion originally, that's why I tried NextGenServer . Fact is, it didn't work though, and it's not because I can't read or follow instructions. My English is better than that which the instructions were written in. Also, the instructions were for an older version of the software that they gave me. The screenshots all looked distinctly different from the software.
    I was just trying to be helpful to Dinesh Ganesan because I wasted 2 weeks trying to get NextGenServer to work, and wouldn't wish that upon him/her. The service I suggested worked the first time, so I recommended it.
    I know this is an old thread but I am wondering if my problem could be related to the one that meant the OP failed when using NextGen.

I have a Pre- on O2 UK and they have agreed to unlock as my contract is over and I am leaving O2.

The only problem is that the code they have given me just comes back with PIN incorrect every time. The O2 helpdesk seems to be hopeless as every time I report the problem they just keep coming back with an identical message telling me what the code is.

I have a nagging doubt about the IMEI code as they are wanting 15 digits and my phone reports 17 digits. Everything I read about this says this is not a problem and just ignore the last 2 digits but I can't help being concerned. The last thing I want is to totally lock my handset.

Any suggestions? I could buy an unlock from NextGen but how do I know it won't just fail like the one O2 have given me?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    They're right about the IMEI.
    NextGen's JIC unlock never fails. It's the user that fails.
    Yep, I decided to give it a go and it worked fine. So much for O2 saying it is impossible.

Ok, so I should have got it unlocked for free but at least I got it unlocked.
    I have just put in a request here after chatting with customer service at O2. With a bit of luck it should only take a few days, and be free.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?...locking%20Form
    O2 eventually came back to me and said it was impossible. Clearly rubbish but life is short so I just paid NextGen and that worked fine first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    O2 eventually came back to me and said it was impossible. Clearly rubbish but life is short so I just paid NextGen and that worked fine first time.
    I've just received an unlock code via email from O2 for my palm pre. I posted the link to request the code earlier in the thread.

I do not have an O2 sim to test at the moment, but I assume it will work without issue.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    @Preman_ie: did it work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman_ie View Post
    I've just received an unlock code via email from O2 for my palm pre. I posted the link to request the code earlier in the thread.

I do not have an O2 sim to test at the moment, but I assume it will work without issue.
    Yeah, I was given a code too and it didn't work. When I chased it up with support they said I should not have been told I could unlock as it was 'impossible' and that was why the code was not working (I was still on contract with O2 at the time so SIMs were not an issue).

Anyway, good luck with yours and remember that you can always use NextGen...