Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First of all, that blows! Smartphones needs to be unlimited... Second of all, why does everyone think that Sprint's Unlimited Data has a limit... There is no limit on smartphones what so ever! Its simply unlimited... I've gone over that so called "5GB" limit many MANY times... come to think of it... My friend has gone over 11GB several times!!! Only limit is on the mobile cards. But again, I am happy that Sprint offers more for less, rather than other expensive carriers... less of $more$ xD Yay Sprint!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hi, I am currently on O2 Germany's "Internet flat M" plan with a 200MB cap for 8 Euros a month (9.79$). After reaching that cap the speed is limited from 3G to GSM speed. This business model is working pretty good for me, since I have WIFI almost everywhere (@home, college, my parents house...)
    So you can stop tethering lol.
    I've not come close either but i do watch my tethering because i'm not exactly paying to do it. Although even if i was paying for tethering and wasn't as watchful i still probably wouldn't come close.
    I am usually between 2 and 3gb. Thank goodness for Sprint. I think that ATT's decision does nothing for consumers. It is bad business.

Sprint's policy of borking your speed if you abuse the system is great.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    ... Second of all, why does everyone think that Sprint's Unlimited Data has a limit...
    Because it does.....fine print. Technically Sprint can ding you for every byte over the 5GB limit.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Because it does.....fine print. Technically Sprint can ding you for every byte over the 5GB limit.
    Again they don't cap it... read the fine print again... Only MOBILE is capped... shezz
    Well, it sucks but is business. Anyway, AT&T sucks!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1113 View Post
    I think its a good move but what I don't get is that if 98% of users are using less than 2gb per month, how does this help speed up the network or not clog the network? Sounds like most people will still be within their normal usage range.
    Or it would have the opposite effect. Like when you give the average person "unlimited" data (or a bufet) then they don't tend to go crazy with consumption. But give then a limit like "2GB/mo" or "One plate per customer" and they'll try to come as close as possible to filling it.

The whole reason I started the thread was to ask how people manage to consume so much on a device not meant for that much data usage. I've never been able to do it.
    I currently use about 1-1.5gb a month of data a month on my Pre. Although when the EVO comes out and that new Android Slingbox app that was showcased last week comes out that may well put me over 5gb's a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Or it would have the opposite effect. Like when you give the average person "unlimited" data (or a bufet) then they don't tend to go crazy with consumption. But give then a limit like "2GB/mo" or "One plate per customer" and they'll try to come as close as possible to filling it.

The whole reason I started the thread was to ask how people manage to consume so much on a device not meant for that much data usage. I've never been able to do it.
    I'm at 1GB right now and that's with using mostly WiFi at my house, and only using the data when I'm out of the house (not that much) for streaming Grooveshark, Pandora, Nav, and web surfing. If I had to use data 24/7 (which I probably would if Pre coverage in my house wasn't so crappy), that 1GB would skyrocket.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Dr Podder, downloads audio and video podcasts when they are released. About half over WiFi for me, but probably 1.5 Gb per month.

Streaming Pandora daily at work for a few hours.

Multiple restores in a month, testing the next WebOS version or going back to the current OTA released version. (1.9 Gb to install my Apps currently.) I occasionally do this while at work, when the phone can Doctor and install while I'm busy with other things. Our EVDO through Sprint is really fast here.

Tethering for maybe a Gb of data in a month, max. Usually just for a few short things.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    [For the record, I like Verizon. They do have the best coverage, and are getting better at giving the side items away for free like VZ Navigator. But I carry a AT&T phone for work, a Blackberry Bold, and in my part of the world, AT&T is HORRIBLE. Frequent dropped calls, hit or miss 3G coverage, slow download speeds, and crappy voice quality. As a comparison, my Sprint Pre never drops calls, I get blazing 3G coverage everywhere I go, and the voice quality is much better.[/QUOTE]

since when has vz started giving vz navigator for free?? mobile hotspot, but not navigator. that would be answer to a prayer.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12