1.    #1  
    I hope Palm does not do an exclusive deal with O2 in the near future again.
    I just recieved an email from Palm saying that the prices of accessories have been reduced..

http://dreammail.edgesuite.net/EMEA/...608/prices.gif

Then on the email it has a link to the O2 site for more accessories...

Accessories

As you see the O2 site is not updated...
    And I wish it was only that....

We all remember issues with mms pics and video to other networks etc a few months ago...

I am seriously getting tired of O2 and their inconsistencies....

Seriously show the necessary respect to this product....
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    has been updated now, although doesn't allow the purchase of a few items shown in the image
    I know exactly what you mean - you have to hunt on 02's site to find anything about the Pre

Does anyone know how to get the free touchstone back cover? It says if 'you are registered with palm' you can get one for free, but I don't see how to claim it!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_gog View Post
    I know exactly what you mean - you have to hunt on 02's site to find anything about the Pre

Does anyone know how to get the free touchstone back cover? It says if 'you are registered with palm' you can get one for free, but I don't see how to claim it!
    Does it say that on the O2 or the Palm site?
    To be honest they should have done that offer many months ago. I got my accessories online and at those prices but 2-3 months ago....
    I think having 2 TS's is really handy (home/office). They should have done discounts on people buying 3-4 accessories at the same time.....
    Shame marketing people do not see the potential here...

I got a car charger, 2 TS's, another suede pouch and the hard lether case.
    I am happy to support Palm by buying hardware but I don't want the carriers ripping us off and not even delivering the expected service levels !!!
    I was just looking on Amazon and noticed this battery - £7.99. The prices appears to be pretty good, am I missing something? I realise it is not a high capacity battery, but still £7.99!

Palm Pre Standard Replacement Battery: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
    While I see your point about O2 not supporting Palm, but I don't understand the complaint about prices. O2 can resell at any price they want, they set the prices. Just don't buy from them.

Same reasoning why I don't buy accessories from Bell. They have the Touchstone kit for 79.99 when the world has reduced prices.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman_ie View Post
    I was just looking on Amazon and noticed this battery - £7.99. The prices appears to be pretty good, am I missing something? I realise it is not a high capacity battery, but still £7.99!

Palm Pre Standard Replacement Battery: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
    Their prices didn't match if you check my links from earlier on this morning...
    Also the leather case is still showing the wrong price....but oh well....lol
    has anyone used that leather case how is it?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    has anyone used that leather case how is it?
    I have....and it's ok....
    I miss a nice Proporta case like I had for my Palm pda's...

Although I bought it I still prefer the swede pouch cause it the phone slides in and out much easier and quicker. I also have a screen protector on my Pre so it gets really stuck when you trying to get it out of the leather case....

I just got a spare swede case from ebay by the way....
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I have....and it's ok....
    I miss a nice Proporta case like I had for my Palm pda's...

Although I bought it I still prefer the swede pouch cause it the phone slides in and out much easier and quicker. I also have a screen protector on my Pre so it gets really stuck when you trying to get it out of the leather case....

I just got a spare swede case from ebay by the way....
    is that a...you might want to buy one similar..or were you offering it? lol
  11.    #11  
    is that a...you might want to buy one similar..or were you offering it? lol
    It was a "mmm it's not really worth it unless you got the spare money"...lol

To be honest it is a tighter fit than the free pouch however one side of the phone is totally uncovered...So if you were to drop your phone my money would go on the leather case instead of the free one. On the other hand the free one is a bit smaller and thinner so it fits nicer in your pocket....
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    It was a "mmm it's not really worth it unless you got the spare money"...lol

To be honest it is a tighter fit than the free pouch however one side of the phone is totally uncovered...So if you were to drop your phone my money would go on the leather case instead of the free one. On the other hand the free one is a bit smaller and thinner so it fits nicer in your pocket....
    i think i will get this case when i get my pre replaced Vaja - Leather Products (you have to navigate to the pre section)
  13.    #13  
    i think i will get this case when i get my pre replaced Vaja - Leather Products (you have to navigate to the pre section)
    Wow the Vaja cases look really nice !!!!
    How did you find out about them?
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic