1.    #1  
    This may be a question for Sprint...but I'm shortly going to South Korea for travel, will I be able to use the PRE data plan from Wifi? or will I have to pay extra? what about phone calls and data from 3G? will the PRE handle that, and will Sprint charge me extra?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    What can I look forward to with my pre in Puerto Plata Dominican Republic? Voice, data wifi?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mehmeh View Post
    This may be a question for Sprint...but I'm shortly going to South Korea for travel, will I be able to use the PRE data plan from Wifi? or will I have to pay extra? what about phone calls and data from 3G? will the PRE handle that, and will Sprint charge me extra?
    While I can't speak to the availability of data and voice service over 3G (though this link will show availability of services throughout South Korea on Sprint: SPRINT PCS -)

As far as WiFi...WiFi coverage has nothing to do with your data plan, and if you can connect to a wireless network you should be free to use it as much as you like.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    I used wi-fi at dubai airport as well as in INdia, and no I do not see any data charges on my bill.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    wifi is wireless access that lets you use your internet related applications anywhere. You can't use this Sprint phone for phone service overseas. No messaging either but can send e-mails.
    I'm going to be traveling to both S. Korea and India, so I called Sprint to see what kind of access I might have. According to the phone rep., I'd pay anywhere from $2.29 to 2.49/minute (depending on the country I'm in) to call any US phone number. He said they don't have any kind of int'l. plan available. If my wife and I both take our phones and call each other, we would BOTH pay that per minute fee! ($4.58 - $4.98/minute total.)

WiFi would be free, as long as the local provider doesn't charge anything.

And he said text messaging is also free to other US phone numbers. And $0.20 (20 cents) if texting to non-US numbers.

I think I'll take it along. Now I have to see if my Solio charger will work with the Pre.