Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So if the Pre shows up in Australia soon on Telstra, what does that mean for New Zealand? Telstra is all GSM now right? So worst case I buy a GSM Pre from over there outright and pray it's unlocked? But it looks like Telstraclear in NZ only offers one CDMA phone?! (may be limited to landline/data customers?!) I've never heard of anyone using them.

Or will the pre come to Vodaphone or Telecom in New Zealand? If so, when???

Anyone care to speculate on the issue?

Or maybe I grab the first GSM Pre I find on Ebay regardless of the country of origin!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Wow, I knew it was a small market, but NO ONE cares to speculate about a Kiwi Pre??
    Nobody even cares about the GSM Pre...

I think Palm pissed a lot of people off already. I already know a few who were waiting and got sick and went to an jesusPhone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    If the GSM models don't start flowing soon I may do the same. Not selling an unbranded/unlocked GSM globally from day one is a sad mistake if you ask me. Palm really could have shook things up with that strategy. Perhaps they knew they couldn't build enough.

I'm SO sick of this branded/exclusive crap. The first great phone to completely embrace openness will be the next best chance of actually challenging the iPhone.

At least the iPhones in NZ are unlocked out of the box.
    Yeah, but they are still iphones!