Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    It's too much to hope for that the phone will be out here in August. Also its too much to hope Telstra don't get an exclusive deal. This will (as others have said) do Palm more harm than good. Exclusivity deals suck. Though I am panting wiating for this phone so I can unlock it I won't pay Telstra.

See how bad this Telco is... Tell The Truth Telstra

I am on Optus and just hope its released there as well as any other provider.
    However even though I am absolutely dying for this thing to come over here quickly I would prefer a bigger (much) app catalogue. They are also going to need to sort out loal Aus content for some of the apps.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i hope 3 gets it, although its quite unlikely, but they now have the 3GS with them, so i dont see why they cant push to get the Pre. Would take the Pre any day.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Well, we're all screwed, time to go Android, iPhone etc... AAAAARG!!!

http://www.precentral.net/rumor-aust...t-all-palm-fun
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Well, we're all screwed, time to go Android, iPhone etc... AAAAARG!!!
    Not yet. A number of members here are importing GSM Pre phones from Europe. I will wait and see how they get on.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Valid point, we may be able to get an unlocked QWERTY in the new year, but by then a new one could be out in mid year... meh.

The Centro hardware is hardly inspiring. I would LOVE a hacked Treo Pro with Palm OS until I jump to webOS, pity no ones really keen on pursuing it.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12