1.    #1  
    When I tried to connect the web, the phone updater showed "Preparing Vision Services...". But of cause it would fail. And I could not bypass or cancel it.

I eagger to know how to disable it when I use Treo 800w in China (China Telecom, EVDO rev.A)
    Provision Service need "data user name"

1. ##3282#
    2. Modify
    3. Enter your MSL (must be 000000 or other)
    4. Enter name like "blablabla21@sprintpcs.com"
    5. Ok
    6. Settings-Connections-Manage existing connections and Delete "Provision..."

After that your Treo must conect to your chineese CDMA-carrier and receive Internet (but this connection must be always in Connection)

Do not REBOOT or OFF your Treo 800w after this manipulations becouse you lost Internet and will need to go to service center of your carrier.
  3.    #3  
    This makes it at least dial out and fail authentication instead of hanging on "preparing power vision services", when starting the web browser. Thanks!
    To receive Internet in China may be you need simplify IP of your phone.

1. QPST
    2. M.IP Tab
    3. Simplify IP
    4. Write in phone.

If your phone is unlocked and conect to China Telecom, and you have internet plan - after that you may receive Internet
    I doubt there are any Chinese CDMA carriers. I am sure they are GSM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

On 7 January 2009, China Telecom was awarded CDMA 2000 license to expand its business to 3G telecommunication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny1979 View Post
    On 7 January 2009, China Telecom was awarded CDMA 2000 license to expand its business to 3G telecommunication.
    That's a surprise to me. I thought only the US and Japan used CDMA. That's interesting.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I live in Ukraine and in my country is working 3 CDMA-carriers. I think CDMA work in many countries in the world.
    Treo 800w user in Ukraine
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    i need it
    in china
    i've followed this tricks and it really works, the sprint provision services disabled. but still i can't connect to the internet and it says username and password wrong. do you guys have any idea to make it work? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vince_wonk View Post
    i've followed this tricks and it really works, the sprint provision services disabled. but still i can't connect to the internet and it says username and password wrong. do you guys have any idea to make it work? thanks

May be username and password is REALY wrong.
    May be username and password is REALY wrong.
    i confirmed with my carrier nothing wrong with my number and username/password.

there is several line with your instruction that i didn't fully understand:
    "After that your Treo must conect to your chineese CDMA-carrier and receive Internet (but this connection must be always in Connection)

Do not REBOOT or OFF your Treo 800w after this manipulations becouse you lost Internet and will need to go to service center of your carrier."

where i create a new connection to my carrier? inside my ISP? and then just replace the old sprint dial profile? or create a new one? and i directly soft reset after i failed to connect the internet. is it wrong?
    Last edited by vince_wonk; 05/30/2009 at 09:51 AM.
    you must create new connection with username and password from your carrier, inside in My ISP.
    you must create new connection with username and password from your carrier, inside in My ISP.
    it seems QPST simple IP didn't applied to the phone because i still get same message about username/password wrong. because when i use my HTC mogul, i also get same error message about wrong username/password and when i changed it to simple ip through QPST it works. Skinny, please check your visitor message. thank you.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    So, how is the progress vince_wonk? Have you manage to make it connect to your carrier's internet?

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I doubt there are any Chinese CDMA carriers. I am sure they are GSM.
    LOL.. Where have u been dude?? China and some other countries in asia like Indonesia ( I believe from year 2003/2004) have CDMA carriers. The difference is users don't have to buy contract with carrier to use their handheld. It's using RUIM card and they freely chose carriers and mobile phones (it's all unlocked by default).
    Last edited by joyosan; 06/07/2009 at 05:25 PM.
    You can disable SPT in registry, I'm searching for a permanent solution, because when the phone is rebooted the original values return by it self.
    Any one have an idea, maybe there is some software to monitor what happends when the phone boots up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanosha View Post
    You can disable SPT in registry, I'm searching for a permanent solution, because when the phone is rebooted the original values return by it self.
    Any one have an idea, maybe there is some software to monitor what happends when the phone boots up.

where´s SPT in registry? thanks..