1.    #1  
    Greetings All,

I am taveling to Italy in June and wanted to purchase a sim card from Italy and have it shipped prior to traveling.

One to get a Italian Mobile Number as well getting several for all of us in the group I am traveling with.

Any ideas where to advance purchse the SIM Cards?

Thanks in Advance.
    stageworks@usa.net
    I was just in Italy for three weeks in October and bought a Vodaphone SIM card before I went off ebay. It worked fine after I got it activated at a Vodaphone store in Italy, but I couldn't activate it like I should've when I got off the plane because instructions were all in Italian. The airports have a Vodaphone store or kiosk where you can get them when you get in, but they usually don't open until 9:00 a.m. and we got in before 7:00 a.m.

I bought about 30 euros worth of time which includes all incoming calls from Italy and calls out were pretty inexpensive. I could call the U.S. for about a euro a minute, and the good thing was everytime you made a call, you would get a text back with your phones ballance on it. I bought a 100 hours (not minutes) of internet for about 25 more euros so I really didn't have to worry about using it all as a 100 hours is pretty much, and I would use them mostly to get my email and send email. You could top off your SIM card in any amount at a lot of electronic stores that showed the Vodaphone logo.

One caution about not buying your card over there. I had a problem with my card (nothing to do with whom I bought it from, just a Vodaphone guy who I asked to do something and he logged in and couldn't register me without a local address and turned off my card. Luckily the card was almost used up except for the internet time. Another store sold me another card, but gave me another 100 hours internet for my problem. My unlocked Treo 680 worked like a charm there.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas