1.    #1  
    Are we likely to get the 755p, if so when?

I've got my 650. Want to stay with palm due to software etc but 680 not enough of an upgrade.

When will the UK get a real palm upgrade?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Not in its current guise we arent.

The 755p uses EV-DO 3G technology and in the UK we utilise UMTS 3G technology(iirc).

And yes I would buy one as soon as Palm release a UK 3G Palm based Treo
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I hadn't realised the network platformwas different. Surely the 700w uses the European platform. If so why have they not released that with the palm operating system. Why windows?
    Quote Originally Posted by becs View Post
    Are we likely to get the 755p, if so when?

I've got my 650. Want to stay with palm due to software etc but 680 not enough of an upgrade.

When will the UK get a real palm upgrade?
    I went from a 650 to a 680 and feel it is a real upgrade.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  5.    #5  
    Chas

You live not far from me!

What did you feel were the benefits then?
    Chas

You live not far from me!

What did you feel were the benefits then?
    Mainly more memory.
    Plus it feels nicer without the aerial.

Yes it may have a few downsides, but also there are lots of little improvements to the built in software that make it nicer to use.

It's a bit like upgrading from Windows95 to XP, or even XP to Vista.
    They were upgrades, however when they first came out lots of people said they were terrible and the older version was best.

The same happened when the 650 came out. If you read old posts people were saying they would not upgrade to the new 650, with all it's problems.

I used to have about 20 apps on my card when I used a 650, now they are all in ram, and I've still got 50mb left !!

There is loads more NVFS memory, which helps keep the machine stable.

I'm not going to say I don't still get crashes, but with the extra NFVS I get a lot less.

If your 650 does everything you want, then stay with it, but if you thinking about upgrading the 680 is a good machine. If you wait for the next machine from Palm you might be waiting for another 12 months.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  7.    #7  
    Chas

Thank you for taking the time to do a detailed repsonse.

Whilst tempting, I think on reflection I will wait for the next one. Reassuring to know if my 650 breaks, there is at least the 680.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Surely the 700w uses the European platform.
    Nope that's CMDA, (EVDO), too. In the UK we have the choice of the Treo 680, (PalmOS), or the 750v, (Windows Mobile).
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    And as far as I know, UK 3G (UMTS) doesn't play well with the Palm OS. Hence u can get a win mobile based Treo in UK but not a Palm OS based Treo