Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Well, an update to this thread. I bought a Treo 680 off eBay for 159.00. Brand spanking new in box. The company I bought it from organises the free GPS offer that Palm is offering at the moment.

When I get the GPS kit I will sell it to pay for most of the phone (I already have TT6).
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Well, an update to this thread. I bought a Treo 680 off eBay for 159.00. Brand spanking new in box. The company I bought it from organises the free GPS offer that Palm is offering at the moment.

When I get the GPS kit I will sell it to pay for most of the phone (I already have TT6).
    Sounds like a good deal, let us know how it goes

I saw your post about a custom ROM, have you done it yet and if so any problems
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I saw your post about a custom ROM, have you done it yet and if so any problems
    Yeah it's all customised nicely. Actually it was by far the easiest part of upgrading from my T650 because I opted for the clean install method for all my old data. No joke it took me about 8 hours to complete everything to my satisfaction

I have had no problems whatsoever with the new ROM (at the moment at least). I ended up using the ROM which contained versamail and DTG. An old version of keyguard+ caused a reset loop which I've sorted now.

I'll let you know how my gps idea goes. I suppose I should really sell my old Treo 650 on eBay as well, though I can't bring myself to do it yet! I always like to have spares, and it will be a pain to get rid of with its custom ROM (potentially)...
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Small update, my free GPS kit arrived today. Got to go about selling that... And my future father in-law is currently test driving my T650 (think it may be too complex for him though)!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12