1.    #1  
    OK. I have a 750 bought from mobileplanet.com. European import.

I have a T-Mobile USA account. Works fine (data and voice) at home in Los Angeles.

I have a Sprint SIM (peh, but just in case). Connected to a 700wx at home but you know this CDMA thingee and how useless it is outside the U.S.

I'm sitting in the Dublin airport and I fire up the 750 with the T-Mobile SIM card. Voice, no problems. Data, shows the giant U (good). Roaming on Voda. Text message, good.

But. Internet Explorer can't/won't connect. ActiveSync can't/won't connect.

Call to T-Mobile USA tech support and they're babbling about bands and frequencies. C'mon. This is a European 750. It's quadband, right? It sees the big giant U.

I'm going to call T-Mobile USA again to see if I find a sane person. But does anyone have any clues about what to do? On my last trip to Europe I had my lovely 650 and had no problems whatsoever. Walk off the plane and BAM I had dialtone and GPRS.

Clues? Some settings somewhere I should change around?

EDIT: my data settings are:

T-Zones GPRS = wap.voicestream.com, leave blank the username and password and domain.
    T-Zones Internet = internet2.voicestream.com, leave blank username and password and domain.

EDIT AGAIN:

Got connection. F-ing Vodafone Ireland taunted me with the giant U but denied connection, even though T-Mobile USA said I should be able to roam on them. O-2 Ireland (did a manual network selection) gave me the big G (slow data) but still I got connected via ActiveSync to my Exchange Server.

Now that I KNOW it isn't the Treo 750 I am going to switch back to Voda or Meteor and see if I can get some U goodness without breaking the bank on data charges.
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 03/15/2007 at 09:02 AM.
    LOL

Seeing no response to your post, Tasty, I was about to post that YOU probably are our expert in this regard . . . .

And then you proved my point. . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/15/2007 at 10:07 AM.