Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I'm looking to move my unlocked 680 to a plan that gives me a lot more data for my money - currently I'm on an Orange 3MB plan. I'm looking at T-mobile Flext 20 + web n walk which would give me more than enough outgoing minutes & text, unlimited data, and is slightly cheaper.

Does anyone know of any other unlimited (or at least relatively high usage - the 680 is only a GPRS device) plans worth investigating?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I did do some research when I moved from Orange to t-mobile. At the time (6 weeks ago) I couldn't find anybody who was even remotely competitive to t-mobile.

I'm on their PAYG Everyone tariff. What is good about it, is that data is capped at 1 per day when you use it (so you can basically use it all day for 1). All calls are 12p minute regardless of what network you phone.

Where did you get your Treo 680 from btw and how much!?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    3 has recently gone unlimited, but I assume its only for their own 3G devices. I am on Flext 20 and I recently upgraded to the 12.50/month unlimited 3G data plan that allows tethering. Except for T-Mobile's poor coverage I could not be happier.

Surur
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I'm going to play the PAYG route by ear. If it looks like I'm spending too much (on capped data) I'll swap to your type of tariff.

In my area, T-Mobile has similar coverage to Orange. Both providers aren't great!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. I suppose I ought to worry about coverage (though mostly being in London, I take a good signal for granted!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Where did you get your Treo 680 from btw and how much!?
    Expansys, UKL291.94 incl VAT.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    I have an unlimited data (1GB fair use) bundle with Orange for 8/month. This was a promotion they were running during the summer but I know several people who have got this recently when negotiating an upgrade so it is worth speaking to the retention department. I too bought an unlocked 680 and this package more the covers the data I use for browsing, RSS, Chatter and IM.

T-Mobile's deals are very good but the service I experienced was horrible. I was messed around so much that I cancelled the contract. Thankfully I discovered this before my number ported from Orange.

Although I wasn't very happy with Orange, they offered me a very good deal, plus in this case it was better the devil you know. Your mileage of course may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos View Post
    I have an unlimited data (1GB fair use) bundle with Orange for 8/month. This was a promotion they were running during the summer but I know several people who have got this recently when negotiating an upgrade so it is worth speaking to the retention department. I too bought an unlocked 680 and this package more the covers the data I use for browsing, RSS, Chatter and IM.
    I tried to get that deal in the Summer, but I was not on a high enough plan to qualify

I'm thinking about a 680 as a good upgrade, but would like to stay with Orange. But if they insist on customising the home page, like they did with the 650, and so take 9 months to get it through "in house" testing I will have to look else where, or buy an unlocked one like you.

I don't suppose anyone has heard from Orange about the 680?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    I'm looking to move my unlocked 680 to a plan that gives me a lot more data for my money - currently I'm on an Orange 3MB plan. I'm looking at T-mobile Flext 20 + web n walk which would give me more than enough outgoing minutes & text, unlimited data, and is slightly cheaper.
    This looks good, 40mb per day.

However, as I've got broadband at home and work I'd really use it mainly for streaming radio via PocketTunes, and it looks like that is not allowed

Quote:
    Not to be used for other activities (including but not limited to) : modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video downloads, internet phone calls and instant messaging.
    Thought of the day :
    Quote:
    Not to be used for other activities (including but not limited to) : modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video downloads, internet phone calls and instant messaging.
    Geez, perhaps they should limit us to text-only webpages.....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Orange are introducing better unlimited data packages from 1st June

Read about it here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05...oes_unmetered/
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Orange are introducing better unlimited data packages from 1st June

Read about it here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05...oes_unmetered/
    So are vodafone! trying to work out best value

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...033&tabIndex=1
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    So are vodafone! trying to work out best value

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...033&tabIndex=1
    Is that the right link? If so, the cost of about UKL25 and UKL1.70 for each additional MB doesn't sound very competitive to me!

T-mobile gives me 2GB per month for about a fiver!
    Yep...that's the new deal as from 1st June. I guess treo users in the US would laugh/baulk at those data prices!
    Does anyone know if Virgin plans reducing its data costs? As far as I can make out they currently charge a ridiculous 5 per mb.

Their 10 a month 300 mins voice and 300 texts (that they are promoting with their cable/broadband etc) is ridiculously cheap, but any saving would quickly be swallowed up by those data charges so I was hoping for a cut before moving....
    Treo 270>600>650>samsung i780>pre