1.    #1  
    I'd like to use my Orange SIM in an unlocked 3G device to use as modem because I currently don't have an internet connection. Orange have told me I need a 3G SIM card but they won't give me one because I have a 2G Treo 650. I explained that I'll be using a lot more data and therefore spending more money but they still refused. The only way would be to upgrade to a 3G device and of course another contract. When I said in that case I'd be leaving Orange they very happily put me through to the disconnections
    department. So they would rather lose me as a customer, my monthly spend is quite high, than agree to my completly reasonable request. I spoke to several people who ranged from quite rude to politely telling me this was for technical reasons.

When I was roaming on Orange France I had 3G coverage with my P990i so it can't be anything to do with my SIM otherwise it just wouldn't work. They are just trying to force me to upgrade, which I would have happily done if/when they had a handset I was interested in (namely the Treo 680).

No other network I have spoken to had a problem with me doing this and they certainly didn't have a problem with a customer wanting to spend more money.

So it looks like T-Mobile here I come......
    Enjoy cutting your bill in half also.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos View Post
    Big snip

No other network I have spoken to had a problem with me doing this and they certainly didn't have a problem with a customer wanting to spend more money.

So it looks like T-Mobile here I come......
    Unlock the 650. (650unlock.com)
    Buy the T-Mobile 1 month contract SIM (SIM only) for 7.50 GBP/mon,
    add Web n Walk to that for 7.50 GBP/mon and enjoy.

I am assured (as in a written reply) by T-Mobile CS this is allowed.

Beck