I just got an unlocked Treo 650 and am on the Fido network...trying to connect to the web...

Called Fido's csr and they said because it's not their phone,...they can't help.

Can someone please help me??? If possible exactly where settings should go, etc.

Thanks!

Juliana
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    You might have more luck searching and asking on the Fido form of HoFo: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    Tried,....but no luck....at least not for me... The best that's happening is that it says "attaching GPRS" then "Signing on" then I get an error message that "GPRS service is unavailable."
    I originally did this with assistance on hofo but I'll tell you what I currently have in my phone:

Preferences-Network
    Service:fido
    Connection:GPRS
    User name:fido
    Pasword:fido (I believe, I can't see it)
    apn: internet.fido.ca
    Fallback: none

and check both checkboxes on the advanced page

you also need to call fido and make sure your gprs is turned on and I highly recommend you choose a data plan or you'll get a surprise bill

hope this helps
    Last edited by punk; 10/11/2006 at 11:10 PM. Reason: typos
    Did you get it figured out ZJJZ? I am having similar problems and can't find where to enter some of the info in the last post. Let me know.

I have now found where to enter the above info but still can't actually get connected! Next call is to FIDO to see if GPRS is connected.
    Last edited by iamthursty; 10/20/2006 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Found out additional info since I entered post
    GPRS was the problem with fido. My internet is up and working now!!! Thanks for the info