Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I give up.

Palm appear to have no plans to release a PalmOS device in the UK.

So I'm left with the Nokia e61 as the only device that even comes close to fitting my requirements now that Orange can't replace my long-in-the-tooth Treo 650.

Orange have no plans to carry the e61.

So I'm off to VodaFone, leaving both Palm and Orange behind because neither of them can deliver what I want.

Whcih is a shame, but there you are. After 9 years they've finally failed me.

Rich
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    If they don't offer an unlimited data plan like T-mobile soon, then I'm gonna jump ship too.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    You mean you havnt already? I made the jump from Orange to t-Moblie and from Palm to Windows still love the POS though and the treo line, its just they are giving us what we want and i was in the need of an update. But i will end up getting the next GSM version only on an unlocked direct from palm jobby.

The t-mobile web n walk unlimted is great. The best thing since sliced bread but you can use it for PAM or to stream video etc, (they havnt caught me yet! i dont do it alot having said that).
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    What handset do you have on T-mobile? They seem pretty boring at the moment!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

I have the K-Jam / Qtek 9100 / Mda or what ever they call it. Its good apart from the bloody stlyus holder, it worn out after a couple of weeks and wont hold it now, bluetooth soon sorted that.

Looking forward to seeing the new 3g, wifi enabled gsm treo though.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

I use logmein every day to post articles to PDA247. I could never do that if t-mobile was not unlimited (and cheap). The only problem is T-Mobile's common blackspots in reception.

Surur
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Can't come soon enough for me; Im coming towards the end of my current 6 month contract so I dont know what to do yet.

The MDA compact II looks interesting (apart from lack of keyboard and 3G)

Yeah, the a keyboard is a must IMHO cant live without. Once you get unlimited data you will be usingit a lot more. I would definatley wait for the GSM treo to hit the shore, becuase you will only jump gun and then regret it.

But leaving orange is the way to go.

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Yeah I think I'll need to show some patience. Particularly with having TT Nav 5 tied to my current 650. TT will give me one more registration code, so I better make sure I use it with a device I will be keeping.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Anyone got any experience with Vodafone's customer support?

They used to have a bad rep, but I've just tried to call orange several times over the last few days and average wait time has been 20 mins.

Vodafone surely can't be worse can they?
    Long hold times was one of the first things I noticed when moving to Orange from Vodafone and that was on their Premier tariff with it's "dedicated" CS team. I have had some outstanding service from Orange CS and I've had some really awful service too. Sometimes you just get someone who really couldn't care less but I make a point of telling whatever network or retailer I use when I get good or bad service. If they don't know about it they can't fix it. I would be more concerned about Vodafone's data charges, although they do have bundles, anything over the bundle is charged at 2.35/MB (If memory serves) which is considerably higher than Orange's 1/MB over bundle. T-Mobile is looking quite tempting my only concern is their coverage in my part of the world...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Richks
    Anyone got any experience with Vodafone's customer support?

They used to have a bad rep, but I've just tried to call orange several times over the last few days and average wait time has been 20 mins.

Vodafone surely can't be worse can they?
    I phoned Orange at around 17:30 today (twice) and got through to somebody within 4 minutes on both occasions.

But; I have waited for considerably longer before.

Im going to switch to t-mobile when the new HTC devices come out .... I want something that i can use to sling via slingbox mobile.
    I went into my local Orange shop at the weekend - I bought a Treo 650 as an upgrade last June, so I thought I'd get a spare one now Palm have stopped shipping to the UK.

Talked to the salesperson - asked how much a T650 would be as an upgrade, and was told "oooh - expensive <consults computer> 99 pounds".

I tried to avoid ripping his arm off at the prospect of a second Treo for under 100 quid, and asked if they had one in stock - was told they didn't, but I could get one from Orange direct.

Phoned Orange Upgrades, waited 10 minutes, and asked the person who finally answered for a 650, to be told "they're only available to business". I asked why a shop had been quite happy for me to have one the day before, and they had no good answer, but informed me they (Orange) were out of stock anyway.

Found that Freedom Mobiles (an Orange dealer) have stock, so phoned them this morning to ask for an upgrade, and was quoted 280 quid for a 650. I asked why this was so much more than an Orange shop had quoted, and was told that the Orange shops can offer better subsidies.

So now I have to try and find an Orange shop with a 650 in stock while they are still in the sales channel...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    There'll likely be a 650 up for sale in the next couple of months if the e61 works out for me...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I take it all back! Orange CS is pretty awful. 25 minutes to get through to a dim wit in India!

Orange is going to have an unlimited data plan available tomorrow. I might buy the HTC Tytn from them soon.

Surur
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    WOW! Come on..... details????

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Was it the Panther plan at 75 per month?!

If so, stupid name and an even dafter price !

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Was it the Panther plan at 75 per month?!

If so, stupid name and an even dafter price !

Glad i made the jump.

Just home the new hollywood or what ever you want to call it is avaible unlocked direct from palm.

On the point of CS t-mobiles wait times are not all that but they are very well imformed and helpfull people from my experiences. They were more than willing to help with my billing/technical questions.

Still cant get this internet billing to work though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast