Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On the point of T-mobile handsets. A friend of mine has the Sidekick II and it isn't too bad. The keyboard is far superior to the T650. But the build quality isn't up there (after all, it is made by Sharp....)

Any more news on this unlimited web offer from Orange??
    Lido
    Treo 650, UK
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    It costs 75 per month!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just found the best number to get hold of Orange on!

Dial 150, option 1, 4, 3.

This dept (based in UK) has additional powers such as resurrecting Orange Value Promise deals. The basic customer support team couldn't do this...

I got through in under 2 minutes.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

There is a "Panther" package that has unlimited data but it's off peak only. I wouldn't mind as I spend over 70 a month anyway but most of my data usage is during peak times when I don't have access to my own computer/network so it's rather pointless for me.

I know the T-Mobile package has restrictions (As does Orange of course). Has anyone been told off for using IM?
    On the subject of other handsets. I picked up a SE P990i a couple of weeks ago but I only managed to play around with it over the bank holiday weekend.

It's a nice device, still quite buggy and slow at times but the browser is very impressive over WiFi and 3G and of course the sound quality through the handset and and bluetooth is superb. The email client doesn't even compare to Chatter and when you're used to something like Agendus anything else isn't really going to cut it. Saying that I am probably going to keep it as a weekend/non-work phone......
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos View Post
    There is a "Panther" package that has unlimited data but it's off peak only. I wouldn't mind as I spend over 70 a month anyway but most of my data usage is during peak times when I don't have access to my own computer/network so it's rather pointless for me.

I know the T-Mobile package has restrictions (As does Orange of course). Has anyone been told off for using IM?
    I have been using the T-Mobile Web n Walk Unlimited bundle for about 4-5 Months now. And what a great few months thats has been. I fetch my mail every 10 minutes, search the web all day, and do the odd IM using the new windows mobile live messenger. Its fanastic its just like the real deal on the PC.

And not once have i been told off about my usage. Having said that the first month i had a strange Data bill (On top of my Web n Walk) for internet phone calls ( I havnt been using skype ) but a phone call the T-Mobile CS soon sorted that out and its never appeared since.

I would highly recommend anyone to do it, the jump to WM5 isnt such a big one IMHO, many apps have WM5 counter parts of equivalents.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I'm a Mac user so my objections to Windows Mobile are more practical than philosophical. The more I hear about T-Mobile's tariff the more inclined I am to switch. I have two things stopping me at the moment. The possibility of Orange releasing a new Treo and concerns about T-Mobile's coverage in my area.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos View Post
    On the subject of other handsets. I picked up a SE P990i a couple of weeks ago but I only managed to play around with it over the bank holiday weekend.

It's a nice device, still quite buggy and slow at times but the browser is very impressive over WiFi and 3G and of course the sound quality through the handset and and bluetooth is superb. The email client doesn't even compare to Chatter and when you're used to something like Agendus anything else isn't really going to cut it. Saying that I am probably going to keep it as a weekend/non-work phone......
    I'm very interested in this handset. How did you find the keyboard and screen quality compared to the Treo 650?

My big concern is losing all the great Palm Apps I own

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm very interested in this handset. How did you find the keyboard and screen quality compared to the Treo 650?

My big concern is losing all the great Palm Apps I own
    I share your concern regarding Palm applications, it's not just the investment but simply the fact that there are no realistic substitutes for UIQ3 at the moment.

I don't think you'll have any issues with the screen on the P990i. The keyboard is perfectly useable although I initially found it a little cramped. I can't type as fast as I can on the Treo but I think this is mainly down to practice. I mentioned that the device was a little slow and I did have the Messaging application crash on me a couple of times. There is already new firmware which apparently addresses this to a certain degree but unfortunately I haven't had access to a Windows machine to do the update.

It was nice using it over the weekend but being back at work this morning I had to switch back to the Treo. If you have any other questions I'd be more than happy to help.
    I'm going to hang on for this supposed new treo if it is palm based or I may be forced very reluctantly to move to windows mobile, not a very attractive thought for a mac user in terms of compatability.
    There is an app that lets you use palm programmes on WM devices, I've seen it in action and it's very stable...can't for the life of me remember what it's called

www.palm-mac.net
    Styletap.

Surur
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12