1.    #1  
    I US-based but headed to Europe for a couple of months so got an O2 card and stuck it in my unlocked Treo 650. I am testing it out and while calls are going through (roaming) on Cingular I am not getting the data connection. The O2 website is no help in setting wp GPRS for the Treo 650. Can anyone help, please?
    This could simply be that O2 doesn't have a data roaming agreement with Cingular. I think if you use it in the UK (or wherever the origin of the SIM card) it will work fine. In fact O2 has recently announced that it will be offering the Treo 650 (although for business customers) so there should be some support in the UK if you can get through to the right person.

Data charges can be expensive especially on Pay As You Go and it gets even more ridicules when you're roaming so watch out.

I'm sure current O2 customers can give you more details but I hope this is of some help....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  4.    #4  
    That did it! Putting in this info has me working great, at least in the US. Hope it works when I get to Europe.

O2 GPRS settings (Email/Web):

Homepage: http://pda.o2.co.uk/
    APN address: mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username: mobileweb
    Password: password

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos
    This could simply be that O2 doesn't have a data roaming agreement with Cingular. I think if you use it in the UK (or wherever the origin of the SIM card) it will work fine. In fact O2 has recently announced that it will be offering the Treo 650 (although for business customers) so there should be some support in the UK if you can get through to the right person.

Data charges can be expensive especially on Pay As You Go and it gets even more ridicules when you're roaming so watch out.

I'm sure current O2 customers can give you more details but I hope this is of some help....
    Yes, the roaming costs are ridiculous, no question. I have the O2 card (purchased from Mobal) just to get me by until I pick up a WIND SIM in Italy, where I will be based. Thanks for the help!
  6.    #6  
    Whoops, text messaging does not work. Incoming texts work, but outgoing gives me an error:

"An error occurred (407A) when sending this message."

Any insights? I am able to log onto Gmail and send msgs. Somehow the text messaging is just not working.
    Last edited by cambridge; 06/21/2006 at 10:01 AM.
    What are your Network settings in the Messaging application?
    Make sure your message centre number is set correctly.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)