Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I'm sure I'm reading too much into this, but after the specail offers on this phone, it's now out of stock or even no longer available (depending on how you navigate Orange's web site). Could this be in anticipation of a new model? GSM 700p even??
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    From past experience it has always come into and out of stock frequently. I reckon the Orange 700P is some time off

I Would like to be proven wrong though
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I'm sure you're right....but I have a nagging hope raised by the business site saying not that it's out of stock, but that it's not available. Probably be the 700W with my luck anyway ;-)
    Hi - I have just managed to get a 650 - had to hunt around 11 stores to find one still in stock.

Orange call centre have discontinued but have not even got a replacement in testing !
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    My only concern is that if I need a replacement Treo 650 under Orange Care, they won't have one and I'll end up with a Windoze device.

Then again, if they do offer the Treo 700P at some point they'd have to upgrade me to that
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Yeah i could imagine the call, "Well i really did want a 650 but the 700p will have to do, i want you to know i what a discount on my line rental now as well though."
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    They'd have to at least give me the Treo 700P, with a half price line rental.

I'm very attached to my Treo 650 afterall, and wouldn't know what to do with all that memory, improved camera and 3G data speeds!

Orange still have a good supply of Treo 600 and 650s for insurance claims.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher
    Orange still have a good supply of Treo 600 and 650s for insurance claims.
    Spoil sport! Have you recently made a claim or something, or do you have some inside knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    My only concern is that if I need a replacement Treo 650 under Orange Care, they won't have one and I'll end up with a Windoze device.

Then again, if they do offer the Treo 700P at some point they'd have to upgrade me to that
    Just had to swap mine with Orange Care last Thursday. Called at 9:30am and replacement phone was delivered at 6:30pm. I was impressed.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    A Treo 650 never breaks when you want a new shiny one!

I spoke to Orange today and the Treo 650 has indeed been "discontinued" but they don't have any information on it's replacement. This would seem to be a good indicator but I seriously doubt we'll see the 700p before September assuming of course Orange decides to carry it. I do remember reading somewhere that Orange Treo users were one of the most profitable as we tend to use a lot of data. Give me a 3G connection and I guarantee my data usage will rise significantly.....
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Interesting... I wonder if this has anything to do with the strong rumour that Vodaphone are going to start selling the 700w (or is that the Hollywood/700w-with-the-antenna-sawn-off)?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Weirder and weirder. Orange UK have now relisted the 650 on their web site, but only for new customers...it's not available as an upgrade now.
    I read today that O2 will offer the Treo 650 to business customers with the Palm rep saying something about straightening position in Europe. This leads me to believe that there are now two possibilities. Orange have the exclusive on the 700p which is why O2 got the 650 now. There will be no GSM 700p for Europe or at all (unlikely but still possible) which would explain why Palm is still pushing the 650. Either way I think we're in for a long wait.