1.    #1  
    I know there were posts were a while ago about this from 2001.

I am going to Israel in 3 weeks. Have a Treo 650 with Verizon ... I wrote to TLC communications about their service per a list suggestion.

But I am not sure about 'lockhing' or 'unlocking' the Treo - which I guess is something that has to be done with Verizon? (they don't even offer international service) Mainly want email - not phone - but need to know more about what to do to be sure I can get service in Israel.

Do they offer just data devices to rent?
    How did this turn out? Were you able to use the Verizon T650 in Israel? Voice only? ot Voice and Data?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I would also like to know how you managed. I am in similar situation and need to know what I need to do to use this in Israel and Ethiopia
    I have used my Verizon 650 in Israel - it will connect to the Pelephone network for voice, and you will pay alot (I think about $.60/minute - you can check Verizon's website), and I think you need to activate international callinng. You cannot connect to their data network - and to my knowledge you cannot unlock a CDMA (Verizon) phone.

If you want to use the full functions of your 650 (voice and data) you should get an unlocked GSM version and rent a SIM card with data access activated. I recommend israelphones.com as a provider of inexpensive SIM card rental.